Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 03:11 PM

Default 2 hands vs sneakypete, hero and villian\'s thought processes.

Villian is Sneakypete, I don't have extensive notes on him but I know he is a regular and I think he is pretty solid, and also I think a 2p2er.

Hand 1: I'm generally happy with my play in the hand, my main interest is the river raise from sneakypete.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kc Kh (one pair, kings).
CO has Qs Qc (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.50 BB. </font>

Hand 2: This hand is much more questionable by both of us on multiple streets. I'm not loving my river raise/ call, and I'm not sure I like his turn c/r or his river raise.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 9c Qs (straight, queen high).
Hero has As 9s (straight, jack high).
Outcome: BB wins 14 BB. </font>
Old 10-18-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: 2 hands vs sneakypete, hero and villian\'s thought processes.

Second hand his river 3bet is fine if he is folding to a cap which I'm sure he isn't. His turn c/r is fine if he thinks you're the guy that fires every turn ever time.

Hand 1 really doesn't make any sense on his part because he should be charging you to draw when he is ahead which is fairly often.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:34 PM

if you're villian in hand 2, what do you expect hero to b/f the turn with?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:54 PM

His river raise in hand 1 is bad. You're b/c range is favored heavily towards hands that beat him.

Tough to say on hand 2. If he makes this kind of play with the right frequency, it's v. good. If he does it all the time, it's v. bad. You're river play looks standard to me.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:36 AM

i like hand 1 a lot w/ QQ. it reminds me of a poster from way back where a poster (i forget who) waiting until the river to raise with an overpair in a 3-bet or 4-bet pot PF. it was to limit the number of bets that get put in postflop, as raising the turn with AA on a 489J board say might induce a 3-b from a wider range of hands than a 489J4 board.