Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Any future stars in your classes?

Class with Neil Fingleton, 7'6". If he ever becomes coordinated enough to walk, he could be a star!

Old 10-16-2007, 12:21 PM

How about has-been stars (although he's starting to get back into it)? I peed next to Duff McKagan every tuesday and thursday for a semester at Seattle University. Different classes, same break. He was surprisingly cliche: long hair, kind of tweaky, old leather jacket, bleached or black jeans, etc.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Natalie Portman was a couple years behind me in college. I never had a class with her, but my roommate fixed her computer.
I had a class with Elizabeth Shue, who went back to college to get her degree my senior year, although it was a very large lecture with several hundred people.
I also had at least one class with B.J. Novak, who now plays Ryan on The Office.

[/ QUOTE ]

quite the thinly-veiled brag there [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Class with Neil Fingleton, 7'6". If he ever becomes coordinated enough to walk, he could be a star!

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to him? I played cards with him at FW a couple times a few years ago. Seemed like a good guy, decent player.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He went to UNC right? Didn't he play with another really good player in high school? Man he sucked in college
Old 10-17-2007, 02:42 AM

I go to a Canadian University and obv there are no big stars here. For those of you that go to classes with these athletes, do people come up to them and ask for autographs? Like a guy like Vince Young must have had the whole lecture hall cheering for him when he entered after the Rose Bowl. Is my imagination far off here?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:02 AM

your imagination isnt far off, but aside from before or after games, I dont think people really go up and ask for autographs when theyre on their way to class, for example. Then again I wouldnt be surprised if people were asking Oden or Durant for autographs during school. To me that seems really weak. It's a fellow student, so I definitely wouldn't be pressed over asking for autographs. IMO even saying "great game!" if you see them out at the bar (if you dont know them) is pretty weak. Id feel dirty if I did, but maybe im an exception here.

Fwiw, I went to high school with a college bball player who has a good shot of going in the first round of the draft. Whenever I see him on campus Ill shoot the [censored] with him for a few minutes, and we have each others cell phone numbers, but even then I think i've only said one thing to him directly relating to a game. And that was when he made the ESPN top 10 plays by completely embarrassing a guy who was trying to dunk on a fast break.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO even saying "great game!" if you see them out at the bar (if you dont know them) is pretty weak. Id feel dirty if I did, but maybe im an exception here.

[/ QUOTE ]
If that makes you feel dirty, you don't want to know what I do on weekends.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:25 PM

yeah it's pretty lame if kids on campus ask for autographs. i've never actually seen that happen, just pictures or taking shots at the bars.

i've had classes/been at bars with/had mutual friends/etc. with a lot of the guys on the illinois basketball team who are now in the NBA. It's not a really big deal actually, the first time i was like holy [censored], but after that i just realized they were doing the same stuff i was in college and are usually prety cool guys.

tc
Old 10-17-2007, 07:51 PM

one of my roommates is an all-american on our swim team. Anyway he knows all the other athletes here cause they all lived together over summer. Anyway its fun when we have parties cause we always get a few football players and people from other sports. The most famous is Renaldo Balkman who somehow got drafted by the Knicks in the 1st round.

Also women soccer players can be pretty hot, and u know they're in good shape