Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:46 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
How did we find out that the employee that sent the email is no longer employed by AP? Why is the person that said this hiding the reason the employee is not employed?

Also, it seems like Andathar and N82 and people like that know a lot more that they are not sharing. What is the point of not sharing this info?

AP has screwed a lot of people out of a lot of money and now you are hiding info about them? For what reason? Whats the point of telling people "I know something you dont know" and then just leaving it at that? How does that benefit you at all?

Too many Questions?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, because the things that I have been told are obvious. But I am waiting to see what AP says about this in their statement.

A number of things told to Adanthar, myself and others include information that basically proves that *some people* outside of Scott Tom knew something was going on at least a few weeks ago. Either that or they were doing things very consistent with that specific knowledge. But isn't that obvious? Is there a single person on this forum who really thinks no one at AP knew about it until today? (ie, the day they finally admitted it).

I don't have anything that isn't incredibly obvious. But I won't post the smoking gun info because I'll let AP do it. And I'm sure people like Adanthar (as well as a number of other people) will reconsider if AP does not make a concerted effort to tell the truth.

Anyway, I just think it's the best thing to do right now.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:51 AM

Could someone give more details on how Absolute is run? Who does the day to day management? Who sets policy? Is there a management team? Is there a CEO/investor/owner who has final say on anything? Who is he? Is this person in any way linked to the alleged cheaters? Does the security team have autonomy?

I've read all these threads and know little about how AP is run. Some more information would be helpful in determining whether we're going to get half truths and whether it's even possible for AP to clean up their act going forward.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Josem, in a previous post, N82 said something along the lines of how he might never feel comfortable ever publicly saying what he "really" did. He also says something about messing around with THESE guys doesnt sound like a good idea.

What does he mean by "messing around"?

Who are "These guys" and why doesnt it sound like a good idea?

Can you elaborate at all about what he means by "What I "really" did"?

This whole scandal is just mind blowing and extremely interesting to me.
It also amazes me how you guys figured everything out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's put it this way. If anything ever happens to me, Adanthar, Josem, etc, don't believe the story about me getting hit by a car.

That being said, I have no received a threat or a hint of a threat. I just know that there's a decent possibility that we're dealing a group of people that might not be so happy with us right now and they have not thought very rationally in the past.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone give more details on how Absolute is run? Who does the day to day management? Who sets policy? Is there a management team? Is there a CEO/investor/owner who has final say on anything? Who is he? Is this person in any way linked to the alleged cheaters? Does the security team have autonomy?

I've read all these threads and know little about how AP is run. Some more information would be helpful in determining whether we're going to get half truths and whether it's even possible for AP to clean up their act going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]
From what's been told to me, AJ Green (or whatever name you want to give to him) is very active day-to-day. I actually get the feeling that Scott Tom was not as active as some people might think he was, but AP was being misleading when they said he was not a part of Team AP for a year -- while that may technically be true, he's been involved much more recently than that.

Also, a ton of other names have come up in my discussions with people. Also, Adanthar and some more silent investigators have given me a number of other names. However, I don't know if there's any point to posting a list of names when I haven't really bothered to look into many of them. I certainly can't provide many details on a lot of them and I don't know if any were involved.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:03 AM

I lost about 5k to the cheaters.. where do I go to get my money back or have they not released anything yet?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:05 AM

I have not seen this posted yet. Apologies if it was posted (I can't believe it wouldn't have been picked up on...).

Mark Seif's latest statement.

----------------------

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/blog/bl...0&bcatid=4

10/18/2007 8:54:53 PM EST
My Mood: Chillin...
Personal Statement

Over the past 24-48 hours, I have talked to many friends and colleagues who I trust and respect dearly about the AP situation. I want to thank them for their unwavering support and valuable advice. It's been a difficult time for all involved, myself included. After some personal reflection, I wanted to provide the poker community with a personal statement from me as opposed to my last two blog entries which merely posted AP's official statements.

First, I want to make it clear that I view the allegations that have been brought forth against AP as serious, and if true, very troublesome. I hope the allegations against AP are not true. But, I am not naive nor will I whitewash or ignore any relevant facts or data that bear on the issues at hand.

I want to find out the truth. I want to know what, if anything, may have happened. Since, I first learned about the allegations, I have asked AP's management to thoroughly investigate each and every claim of wrong-doing. They have assured me that will happen.

I am open to the possibility that improper, unethical and perhaps even unqualified cheating may have occurred at AP. I am even open to the possibility that present or former AP employees, or executives may have participated, condoned or were negligent in failing to discover the alleged improper acts.

But, and this is a big BUT, I feel it is imperative that we wait until all the evidence is in before we convict. It's only fair. It's the right thing to do. In my career as an attorney, I witnessed, first hand, many cases of a rush to judgment that ultimately proved to be entirely incorrect and/or mistaken.

Please don't interpret this as defending AP or any person or persons that have may engaged in wrong-doing. I am neither defending nor indicting anyone. I just hope that we can all keep and open mind until all the evidence is in. I honestly believe the truth will come out in the end.

I also honestly believe that AP will do the right thing if improper conduct has, in fact, occurred. I have spoken to AP's management and they have assured me that they want to get to the bottom of this, that they will go public with the findings and that if anyone has been harmed, they will be made whole. I believe them.

Finally, for those that have unnecessarily and unfairly accused me of wrong-doing, I want to go on record and state the following. I have never, ever, not one time, ever, been able to see any hole cards, other than my own, on any poker site I have ever played on nor have I ever had relayed to me in any manner whatsoever other players' hole cards.

With respect to a session I played two years ago heads-up on AP in the 75/150 game, against "stuckinpgh" (I believe that is the name) that has been the subject of some discussion, I won fair and square. I am 99.99% certain that I did NOT fold, when first to act (not facing a bet) on the flop when my opponent claims he flopped a full house. That is complete nonsense and I welcome anyone to try to disprove that. I believe my opponent has recanted his story and I am happy that he was man enough to do that because that is the truth.

I don't normally reply to or acknowledge such ridiculous claims, but in light of the current situation, I wanted to be unambiguously clear that I engaged in no wrong-doing whatsoever. I don't know what else to say other than what I have already said about that incident or the AP situation at this time.

Call me naive, but I think AP and online poker industry as a whole will emerge even better than before as a result of the amazing, dedicated and tireless work of some very intelligent and vigilant players.

Thank you again to all those that have been so supportive. I truly appreciate it.

-- Mark Seif
Old 10-19-2007, 04:06 AM

I've followed this whole thing since the first allegations surfaced and I must say I have never been more entertained or impressed by BBV. What you guys (adanthar, N82, nat, Josem, P5's) have achieved is simply incredible. This is especially true because it's all happened on BB [censored] V.

This is akin to a twenty something stoner bringing down the governor. Great job everybody.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:07 AM

Thanks for the extra info. Although the original email your friend sent would help(and yes it possbile Aboslute would have it in their archives) I think what your saying is legit. Put it this way, if you were a witness and I was a juror I would definitetly give your info some weight. Also doesn't hurt that your from the Lakehead. Someone from the Lakehead would not make this up. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 04:09 AM

Fair play to Mark Seif for coming out now...

But he had a chance before with all the evidence there was and still didn't seem convinced...

Nonetheless, all the guys on here who contributed to getting to where we are now and the guys from P5's deserve a massive thanks... Online Poker has a great community and its amazing what can happen when it comes together

Vava
Old 10-19-2007, 04:11 AM

perhaps even unqualified cheating may have occurred at AP

What the [censored] is qualified cheating?
Closed Thread