Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't enough, don't settle for this guys unless they are forthcoming with full details and willing to submit to a 100% independent audit. Don't let them buy you off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not realize how bad it would be for online poker and by extension all of us, if this thing is pushed any further?

[/ QUOTE ]

This industry has been full of a lot of sites that are run really poorly forever. Maybe this is just what the industry needed to make it clear that incompetent support staff/security/etc. us completely unacceptable. We pay enough rake to afford the level of support/security that Stars has on every site.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 AM

adanthar

Any more thoughts on my earlier post regaring the steamroller $300 transfer and the corresponding email. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a sidenote on Steamroller.

He was once sitting at a 150/300 table with $500,000 in his account, saying he put it in via bank wire. This was ~8-12 months ago

At the time they didnt have a game bigger than 150/300 lhe or 15/30 nlhe

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is the same fatripper on stars or whatever handle on UB we can say from his play his 1/2 mill did not come from excellent play.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just a sidenote on Steamroller.

He was once sitting at a 150/300 table with $500,000 in his account, saying he put it in via bank wire. This was ~8-12 months ago

At the time they didnt have a game bigger than 150/300 lhe or 15/30 nlhe

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is the same fatripper on stars or whatever handle on UB we can say from his play his 1/2 mill did not come from excellent play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly not, he was awful....high limit games were formed and broke within minutes based on his arrival and depature.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good point, but srs question:

Do we know anyone who has been busted for chip dumping at AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

We know that they claimed chip dumping didn't happen.

Whoever made that decision shouldn't work there anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, but my question is whether the monthlong wait for this happened because of incompetence or malice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's because you've 6 figures tied up and it's clouding you but your judgement through this entire thing has been very poor. But this is a silly question. I also think continually playing there and supporting them is a slap in the face to everyone who has researched this for you and you're probably one of the biggest beneficiaries of their work.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment is totally [censored] disgusting, as I've never even questioned any research done by anyone who was here in the beginning. As a matter of fact, I helped moved the investigation into cash games after the initial allegations with POTRIPPER surfaced. The only thing I've done is state my views from a personal perspective as a winning High Stakes player at AP, which is a player pool of about 10 players at most. I've stated that my #1 goal is to get my money back, that the goal of this investigation isn't to take the company down and that a lot of the speculation at the end of these threads were ridiculous. As far as I understand, this is the view held by pretty much everyone ACTUALLY involved in this situation. The only thing I've done is disagree with a bunch of railtards who have no idea what's it like to be me and an incredibly shallow understanding of what has been PROVEN.

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't matter how juicy the games are or how big the overlay is supporting AP is a bad decision regardless of how +EV it maybe. It's just one opinion that doesn't matter as poker players will vote with their dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? I'd sit at an insanely plus EV game anywhere... so would many other players. Its easy to be principled when you aren't sacrificing anything, so forgive me if I don't take you seriously.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nat and adanthar and josem should never have to buy a drink or meal at any poker event again ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fo realz, dinner on me in vegas this summer

[ QUOTE ]
where is the Link 2 the original super user post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Imsakidds first cliffsnotes of how it all got started

Note: While much of the journey is quite an incredible read remember there have been something like 8-10 of these huge threads along the way. You'll notice how it's a struggle at first knowing something is wrong but not having something like the file that ended up in Marco's hands.

Recently posted on P5's and I have no idea as to the credibility of the poster so take this with a grain of salt.

__________________________________________________ ___

The question we should be asking is - who is Scott Tom?

My clients are shareholders of Absolute Poker. Scott Tom is still very much involved in Absolute Poker.

Everyone knows Poker is not legal in the United States. Scott Tom and his American cronies manipulated the corporate structure - playing the age-old shell game - to minimize their exposure to Absolute Poker.

Scott Tom controls everything from behind the scenes. So don't believe the [censored] "Absolute Poker Management" throws at you - because the Management is Scott Tom.

Scott Tom receives hefty income from Absolute Poker. Looking at his high-flying lifestyle - beautiful house in Costa Rica, luxury cars, frequent private jet travel around the World, and bodyguards - we estimate his income to be in the range of millions per year.

Is Scott Tom stupid enough to cheat the players that have made him wealthy and on top - get caught cheating?

Yes. Scott Tom and his cronies are indeed foolish. Suicidal foolish...

Absolute Poker Management states "Absolute Poker highly values and intends to protect its players, shareholders, business partners, and affiliates."

Let's discuss exactly how Scott Tom and his cronies have treated shareholders. These are the people that risked their hard-earned savings to give Absolute Poker its start many years ago.

Scott Tom and his cronies have totally blown off shareholders. While they are busy flying around the World spending thousands and thousands on luxury - shareholders have seen little more than a trickle.

Today, Shareholders are totally ignored by Scott Tom and his Absolute Poker Management. Calls and emails are ignored. Shareholders have no access to Scott Tom. Behind a curtain setup by lawyers, Absolute Poker was sold to yet another shell company belonging to Scott Tom. This minimized any return shareholders can get.

Despite this, shareholders are owed USD 250,000,000. Besides his father and other relatives being paid off secretly, the common shareholder after many delays and excuses can assume only that their money will never be paid back.

Scott Tom and his cronies live in Costa Rica. A country where killing can be bought for a few thousand dollars.

Ask yourself - if you stole $250,000,000 from investors and flaunt your wealth while letting them starve - would you expect to live a long and prosperous life?

Scott Tom and his cronies think so. They think an "independent poker commission" is going to clear them and the players will come rushing back to Absolute Poker. They think legal structures and lawyers will protect them from investors who have waited for many years to get their money back.

The worse problem Scott Tom now faces is Absolute Poker might fall apart because he cheated players. And he cannot pay back investors after giving himself, his cronies, and his family years of luxurious living using money that should have been paid to investors.

Scott Tom and his cronies have no future.

There is only one way out. Become honest. Pay back the players that they cheated. Pay back the investors they cheated. And do this quickly.

Time has run out for Scott Tom, his cronies, and Absolute Poker.

http://www.pocketfives.com/A22140A5-...951B89E6A.aspx

Just gave Drudge report anonymous tip online on the site about the scandal breaking out wide open and how they will admit to it. Let's see if he picks up the story. I posted links to MSNBC and the NYT blog since they are the most reputable and he has a connection with the NYT. He also probably has connections with MSNBC.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This comment is totally [censored] disgusting, as I've never even questioned any research done by anyone who was here in the beginning. As a matter of fact, I helped moved the investigation into cash games after the initial allegations with POTRIPPER surfaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take no stance on anything else ikestoys has done/where he's played/whatever, but would like to confirm that this is true and he's been very helpful since early on.
Closed Thread