Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Importance of Poker Tracker????

I've been on quite a bit lately, and seem to notice a trend forming. When others give advice on a hand that contradicts mine, and I can't seem to understand why, it usually has to do with one player's poker tracker stats.

I don't use pokertracker currently, and I'm wondering how much this could be affecting my game. Is this a tool that I should absolutely have to play online poker? It seems like the first thing players take into consideration is the pt numbers rather than how the hand is playing out.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Importance of Poker Tracker????

I think most players $100NL and above do use pokertracker as it allows you to gain valuable insight into your play and the play of others. It is a great tool for ppl like me who often aren't paying full attention to poker but would like to know how often someone's splashing around in the pot.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Importance of Poker Tracker????

I've spent a fair amount of time developing a stats program for online poker. However IMO, people place too much reliance on stats, particularly ones for which they don't have a sufficient sample size.

I've read a number of opinions from good players (Isura springs to mind but others too), saying their game got a lot better by switching off the HUD, playing fewer tables and really playing paying attention to the way the hands play out to develop reads. That being said, if I were playing >2 tables I'd want all the information I could get and wouldn't do without some package.