Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Does time of day really affect winrate?

I have noticed that I am usually a break even player or win slightly when i play NL on FT during the afternoon, and make the bulk of my money after 8PM or so. I don't really have the data to back this up, but does anyone have any graphs that are arranged by playing time? Or maybe a link to a thread that can help prove/disprove this?

I realize that "the fish come out at night" has been a common perception for a long time, and the more i play, the more it seems to hold true. (I play NL25 if that makes a difference and am on central US time)
Old 09-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Does time of day really affect winrate?

Who you play with effects your win rate. If most of the looser, less experienced players are in Europe, and most of them play after work, then after work in Europe might be the best time to play. If most of the looser, less experienced players are in the US, and most of them play after work, then after work in Europe might be the best time to play. Etc.

So, yes, the time of day makes a difference. Just like Fri and Sat nights are better for your win rate in local cardrooms because a lot of recreational players only come out on the weekends.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Does time of day really affect winrate?

If you have pokertracker go to the 'session notes' and click 'more detail'.
This will break down your winrate over individual days and into every 2 hour segment within each day.
Using this, you will be able to work out when it is optimal for you to play/not play.