Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Post here when coaches do something obviously stupid

Ned Yost ftw. He certainly may have cost the Brewers a shot. What a fool.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
here is a video of the oklahoma state coach, sonic the hedgehog going off on a reporter

http://www.koco.com/video/14182021/index.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone who hasn't clicked this link yet, stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW and watch it. It's incredible, and I can't wait to learn the story behind it.

But I have no idea why it's in this thread.

EDIT: The articles I've found about it are critical of the coach, not of the reporter. Sportswriters are calling the coach sexist, irrational, and embarrassing to the school and the conference.

Am I nuts? Or are sportswriters just defending one of their own? Does this topic deserve its own thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the video is hilarious but the coach is obviously a moran. He basically compares his 21-year-old quarterback to a 5-year-old fat kid who runs home to mommy after not being picked for a team on the playground.

He also says over and over that "75%" of the article is false, then refuses to name even one fact from the article that is false. The examples he brings up weren't actually in the article.

AND... he brought this on himself by refusing to answer any questions about who was going to start at QB, and why. Reporters have deadlines and they have to write something.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seconded. I was watching that game, and he intentionally has his pitcher throw at Albert for an earlier beaning of Fielder (and some stuff that happened the game before). They were down by one run. Well, they break open a big inning, scoring 5 runs, ALL of them with two out. To add a little insult to this, the Brewers scored another run! Haha!

This stupid ass decision very likely cost them a game in the standings. I think he should be fired today. (But he won't be.) WTF? Costing yourself a pennant because of a pissing contest with TLR. Wow!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
here is a video of the oklahoma state coach, sonic the hedgehog going off on a reporter

http://www.koco.com/video/14182021/index.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone who hasn't clicked this link yet, stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW and watch it. It's incredible, and I can't wait to learn the story behind it.

But I have no idea why it's in this thread.

EDIT: The articles I've found about it are critical of the coach, not of the reporter. Sportswriters are calling the coach sexist, irrational, and embarrassing to the school and the conference.

Am I nuts? Or are sportswriters just defending one of their own? Does this topic deserve its own thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the video is hilarious but the coach is obviously a moran. He basically compares his 21-year-old quarterback to a 5-year-old fat kid who runs home to mommy after not being picked for a team on the playground.

He also says over and over that "75%" of the article is false, then refuses to name even one fact from the article that is false. The examples he brings up weren't actually in the article.

AND... he brought this on himself by refusing to answer any questions about who was going to start at QB, and why. Reporters have deadlines and they have to write something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I thought the coach made some points that were quite valid about the treatment of amateur athletes. I'm not saying I agree with everything he said, but his anger was not misplaced IMO.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seconded. I was watching that game, and he intentionally has his pitcher throw at Albert for an earlier beaning of Fielder (and some stuff that happened the game before). They were down by one run. Well, they break open a big inning, scoring 5 runs, ALL of them with two out. To add a little insult to this, the Brewers scored another run! Haha!

This stupid ass decision very likely cost them a game in the standings. I think he should be fired today. (But he won't be.) WTF? Costing yourself a pennant because of a pissing contest with TLR. Wow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the pitcher do it unilaterally or did Yost call for it?

There is a big difference.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:59 AM

You think amateur athletes are "children" who should never be criticized???
Old 09-27-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm 98.3% sure it was Yost. Given the circumstances, first pitch, etc.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Certainly not. But there is a line you should not cross with amateurs that does not exist in the pros. Just my opinion.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm 98.3% sure it was Yost. Given the circumstances, first pitch, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if Gregatron is 98.3% sure, then yeah, he should be fired today.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Certainly not. But there is a line you should not cross with amateurs that does not exist in the pros. Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I agree with you there, but that's not what Gundy was saying. He referred to Reid as a "child" over and over again and said that it was horrible to criticize a child, ever. "I hope you have a child someday and he comes home after someone at school made fun of him... then you'll know better", etc. WTF?