Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Suggestion

I do not know if this has been suggested before but I think a month [xxx] thread in the forum would be fun.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Suggestion

All that would happen is FishHead and Shoe would make ridiculous statements and other more astute posters would attempt solid discussion. It would soon devolve to nothing.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All that would happen is FishHead and Shoe would make ridiculous statements and other more astute posters would attempt solid discussion. It would soon devolve to nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

We'd obviously have separate threads for both Iowa farmland (monthly price updates!) and starting your own mutual fund.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 PM

jws43yale,

The point of such a thread is for laughs and giggles [like BBV of the stock market] so John Kane doesn't have to create a new thread every time he buys/sells stocks on the whim haha. But seriously, John's ability to tilt me is bar none; this makes me realize I take life too seriously and then I quietly thank him for making me chuckling at myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 12:15 PM

Suggestion:
1) a LOT more Scorpion Man, DesertCat, Barron, and other solid posters I can't remember
2) Fishhead and Shoe => BFI BBV?
Old 08-09-2007, 08:13 AM

i think this is a great idea, would be good to have somewhere to post about general bits and bobs and im sure it would incease the number of posts and some people who don't want to start up a new thread could post in there.

good to hear i can be of help slowhabit, to furthur tilt you follow the spreadbetting thread to see how to turn $20K into $200K, lols.

[ QUOTE ]
this makes me realize I take life too seriously and then I quietly thank him for making me chuckling at myself

[/ QUOTE ]

last night i hit the 5 week low of my net worth (all be it down from $160k to $156k so no major swing). given ive spent the last 5 weeks spending my days trying to make some $$, this kinda made me feel like id wasted the last 5 weeks.

but then i thought meh, if i beat myself up over such things there's no point in trying to make money, as no matter what i make ill just be pissed if i didnt have a good day or not. so i think it's time to kick back, still try hard to make as much as i can, but if it doesnt work, meh, i should have -$15k in debts, so being pissed is just pretty pathetic.

gl, and if mods agree lets get this thread going.