Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 08:35 AM

Default Re: A rare support for Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I rarely would support Ron Paul, as from my point of view he is a looser of a naivety dimension that is hard to believe. Of course, his supporters are mainly on the internet and at the very least an unusual, and very likely transient, phenomena.

However, here is a link to an article from a side of the press that usually would not support Ron Paul in any way. Yet this article is quite clearly headed "Cheering for Ron Paul" and makes some points that should be thought about by all that can influence the outcome of the 2008 elections (mostly the US citizens [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

If you don't bother to read the link call me a biased one! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I love smileys, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ! It is a sort od stylistic criticism to ask someone to abstain from them, especially in this forum! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah iron was just kidding when he said the following in the Official Midge thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Midge, I promised in the ATF thread you are pretending not to read that I would give you a chance to be less annoying. I'm going to give you a few tips now:

1. Fewer exclamation points.

2. Fewer smilies.

3. Fewer flames (calling Alex obtuse)

4. Respect the beliefs of other people.

5. If you choose to participate in AC threads in the future, read the AC FAQ in the sticky and do not post criticisms of AC without demonstrating that you comprehend it.

These tips are not suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you believe they were in fact just suggestions and totally up to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

These tips are not suggestions.

Tips are worth less than suggestions in my understanding of the English language! And suggestions are a lot less binding than rules!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:37 AM

"These tips are not suggestions, they are rules/mandatory/neccessary/needed for you to be allowed to post here.' <would be a few ways to explain what he meant.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"These tips are not suggestions, they are rules/mandatory/neccessary/needed for you to be allowed to post here.' <would be a few ways to explain what he meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read again, for the umpteen time the first post in this thread, and there is no mention of smileys! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I don't mind rules, but I do mind arbitrary rules, that apply only to me, because my politics might be different. By the way this forum was a link in support of some of Ron Paul's views! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . I am not reading every other forum on this site either! I am complying with the rules of this forum unless they are hidden somewhere not in this forum! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 08:47 AM

okay, you win.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
third (and obviously last, and obviously trailing that one) tier, that is those who haven't the foggiest understanding of economics and political systems

[/ QUOTE ]

public support of a candidate does not equal a candidate having better understanding of economics and political systems.

Seriously Iron...Where is Nielso at? We should be able to take a vote in that ATF thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about Nielsio is allowed back but he and midge are only allowed in a special thread:

*** Official Midge vs Nielsio Thread ***

Where they can do continuous battle.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
third (and obviously last, and obviously trailing that one) tier, that is those who haven't the foggiest understanding of economics and political systems

[/ QUOTE ]

public support of a candidate does not equal a candidate having better understanding of economics and political systems.

Seriously Iron...Where is Nielso at? We should be able to take a vote in that ATF thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about Nielsio is allowed back but he and midge are only allowed in a special thread:

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be hot.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he's not allowed in any other thread. He's just as obtuse as Midge, and emits equal signal to distortion ratio.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is the entire Austrian School of Economics and derivatives which, in fact, have no credibility at all in economics circles, and quite rightly so.

[/ QUOTE ]

False assertion.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, even bloggers are censoring the comments made by Ron Paul supporters. That's free enterprise for you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid assertion.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These are not polite suggestions. These are codes of behavior. And those of you who that ignore them will pay the dearest cost!

[/ QUOTE ]