Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

[ QUOTE ]

Why do you think adults don't do that [censored] to other people the same way children do? Because we are older and we understand how cruel and mean it is, and how much it truly can hurt someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except, again, people on 2+2 will occasionally go cruising to another forum or somebody's MySpace page and do hurtful [censored] on a regular basis. And I don't think it's just the 18 year olds. I don't have a good explanation for why this behavior stops, but I think your reason is very low on the list.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a very clear and logical line of arguments that connect event A to event B in this case. Your argument is irrelevant; just because suicides are always complicated doesn't mean that there isn't an at-large reason why someone decided to kill themselves.

You're hanging on to an argument that you know sucks for the sake of arguing over the Internet and saving face. Stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if this post was directed at me or not, but if it is...

There are countless incidents of internet abuse / mockery / etc of this kind, many directed at children who are depressed, and most of them do not result in suicide. So it is not inconsistent to imagine this happening and this girl not killing herself, so you can't claim that they were responsible for her death in the way they would be if they shot her, or poisened her food or something. Your argument is the illogical one here...
Old 11-14-2007, 02:58 PM

There is a major difference between randomly pissing people off and insulting depressed anonymous people on the Internet and making a personal and premeditated connection with someone you know and intentionally picking at their weaknesses as an adult.

In Maryland, at least, appellate courts have ruled that school systems can be held liable for wrongful death for failing to prevent a student's suicide, as well as committing actions that create an "irresistible impulse" to commit suicide, so it would appear you could almost certainly sue someone (possibly successfully) for actively contributing to a suicide in this manner.

[ QUOTE ]
I think people are getting lost in the minutia of the case. Here is all you really need to know:

1) Two girls have a falling out. We'll call them Girl A and Girl B. Girl B has a well-known history of depression and suicidal thoughts.
2) Girl A's parents make a fake persona and [censored] with Girl B's mind. When they see that Girl B's mood is lifted as a result of these actions, they do not stop.
3) loltrickedu
4) Girl B kills herself.

There.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, things like 1-3 happen quite a bit that don't result in 4, so this is not the damning proof you seem to feel it is imo
Old 11-14-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a very clear and logical line of arguments that connect event A to event B in this case. Your argument is irrelevant; just because suicides are always complicated doesn't mean that there isn't an at-large reason why someone decided to kill themselves.

You're hanging on to an argument that you know sucks for the sake of arguing over the Internet and saving face. Stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if this post was directed at me or not, but if it is...

There are countless incidents of internet abuse / mockery / etc of this kind, many directed at children who are depressed, and most of them do not result in suicide. So it is not inconsistent to imagine this happening and this girl not killing herself, so you can't claim that they were responsible for her death in the way they would be if they shot her, or poisened her food or something. Your argument is the illogical one here...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're [censored] up again. I bolded the part that you keep coming to and you are quite obviously wrong on.

It is not an issue of responsibility. It is an issue of liability.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a major difference between randomly pissing people off and insulting depressed anonymous people on the Internet and making a personal and premeditated connection with someone you know and intentionally picking at their weaknesses as an adult.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but one cannot and should not assume that emotional damage will lead to death

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but one cannot and should not assume that emotional damage will lead to death

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you make the same mistake as mbillie1. I am not saying they are responsible. I am saying they are liable.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude remember middle school, jr high, high school? Picking on someone's weaknesses deliberately to cause emotional harm happens constantly, people with depression are not exempt... and yet most of them don't kill themselves.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:00 PM

After divorce, I would enter their house one night, wake them all up, bring them downstairs to the living room, and kill them one by one while the others watched.

I'm not sure, however, if I would start with the father and work my way down or start with the daughter and work up.

I'll have to give that some thought...

I would then hop a plane to Vegas for a coke/whore flameout OD-a-thon.