Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Vancouver Canucks are going to suck this year 07-08

Ok guys, i love the canucks but they simply aren't going far this year. I love their D- line when its healthy and goaltending obviously is great. But seriously, who is their greatest offensive threat? We really don't have any superstars and if you look at ANY playoff team they all have at least one.

However, vancouver has luongo and their D-line signed for next year, and they can dump naslund and morrisons HUGE salaries and make some big offseason acquisitions. So my question is this, what big name superstars have their contracts expire this year that would be eligible for unrestricted free agency? Restricted free agency?

ps - Please don't turn this into a, you're dumb the canucks are gonna rule this year. Its simply not true. Last year luongo stood on his head, and this year teams have adjusted because vancouver's gameplan is so 1 dimensional. They can simply be outcoached nearly every game (not a knock on vinneauln or however the eff you spell it). Plus, with the wild, avalanche, and flames in the division, going to be tough. I'm not saying the canucks are going to SUCK this year (even though i did in thread topic), i'm just saying they will be a borderline playoff team that won't make it past the first round. But next year they will have wicked defense, goaltending, and tons to spend on offense. Who's up for grabs?