Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 01:55 PM

Default 25NL AA on paired board

Villain running 35/6/2 over ~50 hands. Should I lead the turn here instead of the check-call line? During the hand I was wondering why he would insta-pot the turn and river with a Q which made me call the river. Basically looking for thoughts on the turn and river.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $31.35
Hero (BB): $25.00
UTG: $25.45
UTG+1: $2.80
MP1: $4.90
MP2: $26.05
CO: $23.90
BTN: $12.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8 Players)
3 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, MP2 calls $1.00

Flop: ($2.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, MP2 calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets $5.60</font>, Hero calls $5.60

River: ($16.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets all-in for $17.70</font>, Hero calls all-in for $16.65
Uncalled bet of $1.05 returned to MP2

Pot Size: $50.10 ($2.50 Rake)
Old 07-30-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: 25NL AA on paired board

He could be potting it to protect from your possible flush or straight draws. Leading the turn is an absolute necessity in my eyes and with his borderline AF I think I can find a fold on the river as played.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:07 PM

I would have bet slightly more on the flop to protect against diamonds or TJ. On the turn, i'd probably lead for ~3/4.

If he has a queen (probably KQ or QJ since he limp/called) we're toast, but since he just called on the flop, it is more likely he is drawing and I want to protect.

As played, his full PSB is interesting, he seems to want to protect a hand. Kinda scary, but since you bet somewhat weakly on flop and checked turn, he may have a PP and figure he is good now, or he could be bluffing figuring you are weak. So i'd call and probably check/call most river bets.

On the river the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] isn't too threatening, but I like the check anyway. When he goes all-in, it really makes me think that he has it. Without a read, i'll let it go. Most villians at these levels wouldn't have the heart to do this without a queen.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:13 PM

I bet the turn and fold to a shove there. As played I think you can flip a coin on the river. Also, this guy isn't borderline aggro, he's really aggro.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn and fold to a shove there. As played I think you can flip a coin on the river. Also, this guy isn't borderline aggro, he's really aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I consider ~1.25-2 borderline aggro because I'm used to 10NL and I see people with AF &gt; 3 very frequently. You can't put a whole lot of stock in his AF over 50 hands though anyway.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I consider ~1.25-2 borderline aggro because I'm used to 10NL and I see people with AF &gt; 3 very frequently. You can't put a whole lot of stock in his AF over 50 hands though anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

C-D-L do you include preflop numbers in your Tot AG or just post flop? If you include preflop numbers yeah, villian's really aggressive.