Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
hey fellas...

enjoyed reading some of these threads...i obviously dont play near as much as most of you. most all of you i respect very much. i would love for you to let me know what you think of my play. i play mostly for fun as opposed to a living like some of you. but i would love constructive criticism...

[/ QUOTE ]

IWILLBLUFFYU off the top of my head my impression was that you probably play more pots than most regulars, but tend to be pretty sharp postflop. Hand selection particularly out of position might get you in trouble sometimes, but in a very small sample size I have you at about roughly breakeven. I think your stats are probably very similar to what mine were when I started playing poker at Party, and over there it was very profitable. There are a lot of players on FTP though of course who can give you a headache if you limp something marginal out of position and that might be the part of your game that could be the difference between breaking even and profiting significantly.

Of course I have no clue as to what your actual results are but if you're playing primarily for fun, then no big deal right?

Anyway that's all I can contribute from the limited amount that I know about your game. Others may have a different impression.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...and now a friendly message to you GabyGabyy:

Up until now I've been happy to play my 16 tables and average $15k - $20k+ a month without bothering too much about interruption to that easy life from you and a couple of others trying to exploit that with the use of over-aggression.

Well, you're starting to take the piss now so you're forcing me to join this arms race. I may have to sacrifice some short-term profit and I may have to cut down on a table or two- but it seems it's now necessary in order to put an ends to this bollocks.

Please don't interpret this as sour grapes (it isn't) or me just being a whinging bastard (I might be) but if you continue to take liberties then I assure you that you will lose money. You've had your honeymoon period so be grateful for that.

You decide how you want to play it.

All the best at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, love it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] <and agree>

Ace, Narena has sort of said it all but this is 1/2 and the player pool is much more heavily weighted towards poor players than semi-good, good and great regs. The player pool and number of tables running is also a lot higher. It is therefore, IMHO, more profitable to play as many tables as you can physically manage (12+ for most people) with a slightly 'simpler' style of poker than to play 'proper' poker (as you call it) where 12+ tabling really wouldn't be very practical. I have every faith that if Narena moved up to NL$1000 tomorrow he'd play less tables and would squeeze every little edge he could from his opponents. Some of the regs at the lower levels don't seem to get that that style of play is actually counterproductive when viewed in the context of what can be achieved playing a more streamlined form of poker over many more tables.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'll offer to bet anyone that Narena can make more in 200h at NL$200 playing his usual table amounts than any player in the world playing as aggressive or passive a game as he/she desires but capped to a MT ratio of 4 at the same site & level. If I had more money to lose I'd take the bet at MT ratio of 6 but I'm pretty skint (total profit to include bonus money).
Old 12-01-2007, 10:32 AM

I'm also willing to challenge anyone to contests in arm-wrestling, conkers, Top Trumps, Last-one-to-come-eats-the-biscuit, or Pie eating.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 11:52 AM

....a man of many talents folks....many talents [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for 2/4 thoughts on

boomerangpoker
deeznuts
melonhead (no its not me)
coachtooz

[/ QUOTE ]

ughh seems like everyone here plays NL100-200, anyone play 2/4?
Old 12-01-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ 'your own table'

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm surprised more people don't do this. it's a guaranteed seat at an often fishy table, no? i don't have one, btw, but I have been wondering about this lately.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for 2/4 thoughts on

boomerangpoker
deeznuts
melonhead (no its not me)
coachtooz

[/ QUOTE ]

ughh seems like everyone here plays NL100-200, anyone play 2/4?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a similar thread for NL400 regs a while back that had a lot of this type of discussion. It seems to have died off. Some NL400 visit here once in a while but they're definitely few and far between.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:59 PM

linky?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:13 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1
Old 12-01-2007, 07:41 PM

I haven't played at FTP in 4 months, but I'm really tempted to play there again.

Going by some of posts in this thread I could probably print 7ptbb/100 at $1/2.