Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: 50 nl video

Yah it was friday.

I still cant get the vid to work, but its my computer. Hopefully I will manage to view it sometime and hit you up sometime to talk.

I just double checked and we didnt play anywhere near the amount of hands I thought we had. You were at 2 of my tables and I won a few sizeable pots without showdown.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:33 PM

Yea what I mean is that many players even when theyre on draws will take the line of check flop, check turn, shove river if it hits. If it hits on the turn they usually take the same line. I agree about AA/KK 100%, I think the way it panned out villain has air or spades, not really much in the middle. Not sure if what Im saying makes sense, was just curious though. I was going to ask you also if the fact that he is short influenced this as short stackers in general have wider ranges than full stacks or close to it.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:33 PM

i see. i'd check my pt to figure out who you are, but i deleted the friday session, d'oh. i think i remember some tag 3betting a bunch of my blind steals during that session, was probably you.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I still cant get the vid to work, but its my computer. Hopefully I will manage to view it sometime and hit you up sometime to talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

by the way, i didn't start playing for four or five minutes after the video starts. i was sitting out for some time while i gave a lengthy introduction. i doubt this is the problem, but probably worth noting.

[ QUOTE ]

Yea what I mean is that many players even when theyre on draws will take the line of check flop, check turn, shove river if it hits. If it hits on the turn they usually take the same line. I agree about AA/KK 100%, I think the way it panned out villain has air or spades, not really much in the middle. Not sure if what Im saying makes sense, was just curious though. I was going to ask you also if the fact that he is short influenced this as short stackers in general have wider ranges than full stacks or close to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i have no way of being sure he doesn't have spades, of course. i do expect him to semibluff the turn with them pretty often though, or even donkbet the flop.

if you think his range is spades/air (i don't), it's a very easy river call -- flushes are gigantic hands, no reason to give a random 50 nl player credit for having a flush here 65%+ of the time.

and yeah, i'm more likely to make calls like this against shortstacks than full stacked players. in general, they tend to be stupider/wilder. of course, if the villain has a real stack, he can't shove that river. he can still overbet it, but it would certainly make for a different dynamic.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(if you've ever watched jamie gold play, he's the opposite -- he loves to bluff the river despite the fact that a river bluff doesn't carry with it the threat of another bet. jamie gold is an idiot).

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with you. Jamie Gold has the potential to be the best bluffer in the world. Maybe not the best poker player, but the best bluffer. But yea, what you said about the river being a better street for value, and the turn for bluffing, makes sense. Also I agree with you in that I would definitely make assumptions if someone was 60/9 over 30 hands or whatever. I was just a little surprised to hear you referring to the 'higher variance' (as it were) stats a lot. Small differences.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:17 PM

I just watched it and it's a very nice video. I was slightly overwhelmed by the STATSATTACK (since I've been playing on cake with no PT) but I became pretty used to it and found myself checking them out quite a bit.

I think it's the first 50NL video that I have see where the person has talked about repping hands fairly regularly, which was very interesting. I may give it another watch in a week or so since I watched it at 2am.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:32 PM

i liked it. one thing that stuck out to me big time after watching this was that i do not value bet thinly enough. got to work on that.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:51 PM

nice vid, thanks!
Old 11-26-2007, 07:35 PM

I finally have enough time to watch this video, however, in the past I have found that everytime I DL a video from this site I never have any picture, just the volume. Is there anything that I could do to fix this problem before I download it? Downloading it only to find there is no picture tilts my face off.

Thanks
Old 11-26-2007, 10:37 PM

you (and others who have this problem) might want to download the codec linked to above. my friend had this problem and that file fixed it.