Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-18-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Hidden KK stud/8 hand HORSE tournament

Here's the hand that crippled me... I feel like if I would have had KTK I would have folded since my hand wouldn't be disguised anymore? Although now I realize that only QQ (not JJ or AA) is now still losing to me but thinks they aren't...

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low (600/1,200), Ante 100, Bring-In 200 (converter)
Seat 1: 16,661
Seat 2: 13,338
Seat 3: 2,543
Seat 4: 8,810
Hero: 10,452
Seat 6: 9,093
Seat 7: 13,666
Seat 8: 16,505

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)
Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.67 SB)
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.83 BB)
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises

6th Street - (9.83 BB)
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (11.83 BB)
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (13.83 BB - 16,600)

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-18-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Hidden KK stud/8 hand HORSE tournament

although its nice to have the kings hidden, it doesnt really matter. TT - KK are pretty much the same thing against a large part of his range, AA8 or 888.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:07 PM

Bump?

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 PM

raising 5th seems especially bad.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 PM

I would open fold or maybe limp on 3rd. You are in early position with a zillion low cards to act. For all they know you have split tens. It would be better if the kings were open and best if they were concealed with a low door card. In any case, kings are a marginal hand in stud/8.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 PM

I would consider folding third, especially if the table is at all loose. There are a bunch of low cards yet to act, and it's not like the Ten in the door disguises your hand that much.

By fifth, I think the other guy has let you know that you're behind. Hopefully he has Aces, but he could well be rolled, or maybe he is a goof with two Jacks in the hole. None of this is good news. Anyway, I don't think he's putting in all that action with anything you can beat.

On sixth, he's hit an open pair. You're drawing to two outs against Aces-up, and you're drawing dead against a full house. You don't have odds to call. This is an easy fold unless the guy is a known loon.