Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

I'm late spotting this thread but ability to import PO database would be good please.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will there be a feature to drag stats around when you're sitting at a table rather than fiddle about with the layout beforehand, as is currently the case with PA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see too many potential problems with this such as accidentally dragging a stat on one of your tables then wondering what happened. I doubt this will be changed. It would take a pretty big overhaul of PAH which is not our immediate goal. Our immediate goal is to overhaul PT and make PT+PAH more efficient.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you aware that the PAHud competition (RealTime) has this feature? I haven't tried it, however, my brother uses it under VirtualPC on a Mac, since PA doesn't work there. You have to right click a stat to move it, so it is difficult to move one accidently. It sure would be nice to have. Maybe in PAHud2? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 06:52 PM

I have some ideas on improving the HUD that, if I can pull it off, will be much better and easier to use than anything else out there. Of course, the HUD will be coming later. Initially, PA Hud will be modified to work with the PT3 database, but will not be able to take advantage of all the new features.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:22 PM

very much looking forward to pt3.

-the ability to replay tons of specific situations postflop with stats will be incredible. please add every conceivable attribute to the filter and let us make up all kinds of crazy custom filters. as they evolve and get posted on 2p2, you can then push popular filters to everyone's machines via updates.

-a random filter i'd like to see is where i put >10bb into the pot and replay the hands WITHOUT being sorted by winning or losing hands. it's hard to stay impartial reviewing a flop decision if i know i'm going to lose the hand.

-have the ability to see win/loss summaries for a selection of filters (including the number of instances). thus everyone can compare with 2p2 posts like:
flop bottom set +12.6bb (156 instances)
flop two overcards -7.2bb (1,143 instances)
turn flush draw +2.3bb (76 instances)

-add call % to pahud. yes agg frequency works much better than agg factor, but i look forward to going the final step and just use raise%, bet%, and call%.

-have ability to easily browse in pahud to a db on another computer.

-it would be nice to have the pahud in the replayer show the stats that existed AT THAT MOMENT. thus if you play a whole session with someone who is a lagfish but folded an overpair to them on their tenth hand at the table, you won't get mislead in reviewing by having more info than you had at the time.

-i'd like to see my all-time pahud stats, this will be especially important as new and custom stats get created. when we add random new ones like "3bets from sb" and see that someone has a value of 57, is that high or low? when i go in and see that mine is 28 over 400k hands, now i can figure out a good range for that stat.

-have ability to add live results easily so that pt is accurate record of all play.

-trebek
Old 09-25-2007, 08:23 PM

will current pt users get a free upgrade?

i already have pt, but my friend is going to get it and i'm wondering if he should wait for the beta.

(couldn't find this answered in the beginning of the thread.)
Old 09-25-2007, 08:48 PM

Hi SukitTrebek,

[ QUOTE ]
very much looking forward to pt3.

-the ability to replay tons of specific situations postflop with stats will be incredible. please add every conceivable attribute to the filter and let us make up all kinds of crazy custom filters. as they evolve and get posted on 2p2, you can then push popular filters to everyone's machines via updates.

-a random filter i'd like to see is where i put >10bb into the pot and replay the hands WITHOUT being sorted by winning or losing hands. it's hard to stay impartial reviewing a flop decision if i know i'm going to lose the hand.

-have the ability to see win/loss summaries for a selection of filters (including the number of instances). thus everyone can compare with 2p2 posts like:
flop bottom set +12.6bb (156 instances)
flop two overcards -7.2bb (1,143 instances)
turn flush draw +2.3bb (76 instances)

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried Phil's PokerEV? It does most of these (very useful) filters already - And I hope he will continue to evolve his product to work with PT3, as I'm sure he will.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
will current pt users get a free upgrade?

i already have pt, but my friend is going to get it and i'm wondering if he should wait for the beta.

(couldn't find this answered in the beginning of the thread.)

[/ QUOTE ]

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the upgrade pricing will be tiered (the more recently you purchased PT, the cheaper your upgrade cost). Free upgrades will only come to those who purchase close to the initial release of PT3 (we can't give exact information as all of this hasn't been decided yet).
Old 09-25-2007, 11:58 PM

dave,
tytytytytyty. i had no idea that program could do all of that. i thought it just made graphs for people to whine about how unlucky they are. this will def help hold me over until pt3 comes out.

one thing i hope is different in pt is for the totals/averages for each filter be calculated and presented all at once. rather than setup a filter, see the value, backout, and set a different filter.

seeing them all at once will be particularly helpful with coaching as i could then take 50 filters run them all for my hands, print it out, run them all for someone i'm teaching, and immediately see where their potential leaks are.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:52 AM

any news on the release date?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When is this going to be released?
(Especially the 3-bet, call 3-bet, 4 bet stuff stats in PA-Hud!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this thread is getting long...we are on schedule for what I previously mentioned. Private alpha testing beginning of November, public beta mid/end November and final release sometime in December.

Best regards,

APerfect10

[/ QUOTE ]