Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 08:39 AM

Default TP on monotone flop (shorthanded)

UTG is 54/13/2.54 over 109 hands. I think his true PFR may be higher than the stat as I've seen him do things like: open A4o from the CO with very loose players to act; raise 22 from the BB with 2 players in; raise ATo from the BB with 2 players in. He may have realised that given how loose the other guys are, he should tighten up a bit. Postflop he gets tricky when he flops a set, takes a stab at paired flops. Definitely calls the flop very loosely, even in a raised pot.

oker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero ?

How do you play it from here?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: TP on monotone flop (shorthanded)

Villain is extremely loose and extremely aggressive, but it sounds like his preflop raising standards aren't completely maniacal so I need to give his cap some respect.

I'm just going to check and call all streets. Villain could have AA, KK, QQ, JJ or [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and have me crushed, in which case showing down cheaply is best. Practically every other hand he could possibly hold gives him some sort of draw which we would like to charge, but this villain is going to charge himself on each street anyway and we don't need to worry about giving free cards. Let's just show this one down.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:51 AM

Preflop: Good

Flop: I like calling down. I don't see a ton of reason to raise at any point as any hand that beats you or has a reasonable number of outs against you isn't going to fold and you very easily could be the person drawing.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 AM

c/c down
Old 11-20-2007, 10:24 AM

Grunch:

Preflop: I also raise here to isolate UTG with his stats even though it is just over 100 hands.

Flop: I check/raise and call a reraise.

I go in c/c mode if 3 bet on the flop unless a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] falls, then I c/f.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:47 AM

Call it down. He's ahead too often to bet, but loose enough that your TPTK will win UI often enough to make this +EV. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch:

Preflop: I also raise here to isolate UTG with his stats even though it is just over 100 hands.

Flop: I check/raise and call a reraise.

I go in c/c mode if 3 bet on the flop unless a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] falls, then I c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this line because villain is aggressive enough that he may fire all three streets with just A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or one pair lower than queens. Check calling aggressive types on a scary board is good because they love to bluff at scary boards and it is cheap when you are behind.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:53 PM

I prefer calling down, the main reason is I expect to get 3bet here a lot if I go for a c/r. I'm not sure what he's capable of capping with (ie sometimes players will cap crazy stuff!), so u could be still ahead.

Also FWIW u mentioned he raised ATo out of BB with 2 limpers, that's pretty standard.