Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy

K, can someone tell me the easiest way to import my buddies from a text file?

I saw (in an earlier post) how to format the text file given the different fields and whatnot.

Can I do this from Microsoft Word? When I "browse" for the text file, word documents don't show up.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:14 PM

Try using a text file instead of a word document. That should work
Old 07-15-2007, 10:44 PM

I've been using this for a few weeks and am so far mostly pleased. A few features I would like to see:

1. The ability to filter buddies by a specific game type and limit. It would be nice if I could tell the program to only list buddies seated at NL $100 6max tables and disregard the rest.

2. Please make the images at the top and bottom of the buddy list smaller. Or better yet, remove them or provide the option to remove them; I know what program it is. The Yellow banner at the top and the white banner on the bottom take up a pretty substantial part of my 800 vertical pixels.

3. I'd like to see more customization available within the list itself. As it stands, I can't figure out a way to change the order of the groups listed without deleting/renaming them. Additional fonts and font sizes would be nice for the text itself too. I think some implementation of this and my #2 suggestion could result in about 20 more vertical lines of information on my screen.

4. I don't know if this is a consideration at all with this program, but I would love to see some interconnectivity between it and Pokertracker and/or PostgreSQL. Ideally, I'd like to see something akin to an iTunes smart playlist. That is, the ability to create a group which would populate and update itself based on specific parameters. The combination of that and the current manually managed groups would be sweet.

5. I've got the option to import buddies from a text file, but there are no export options. I would really like to be able to export/import and backup different buddy lists at my leisure. As it stands I'm not even sure yet where this information is stored on my machine.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:47 PM

ehheh... man u need a new monitor if your [censored] only 800 pixels high
Old 07-16-2007, 05:01 PM

a little annoying bug...

when i start SB, it does the updater, then doesn't load up

usually i have to start up SB 5-6 times b4 the program finally gets past the autoupdater and opens up
Old 07-16-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few features I would like to see:

1. The ability to filter buddies by a specific game type and limit. It would be nice if I could tell the program to only list buddies seated at NL $100 6max tables and disregard the rest.

3. I'd like to see more customization available within the list itself. As it stands, I can't figure out a way to change the order of the groups listed without deleting/renaming them. Additional fonts and font sizes would be nice for the text itself too.

4. I don't know if this is a consideration at all with this program, but I would love to see some interconnectivity between it and Pokertracker and/or PostgreSQL. Ideally, I'd like to see something akin to an iTunes smart playlist. That is, the ability to create a group which would populate and update itself based on specific parameters. The combination of that and the current manually managed groups would be sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
Old 07-16-2007, 10:46 PM

I will buy this as soon as it costs a flat fee and not a day before.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will buy this as soon as it costs a flat fee and not a day before.

[/ QUOTE ]

$4 a month too unreasonable?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:36 AM

You can buy a 1-year or 2-year license which is even cheaper than $4/month.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A few features I would like to see:

3. I'd like to see more customization available within the list itself. As it stands, I can't figure out a way to change the order of the groups listed without deleting/renaming them. Additional fonts and font sizes would be nice for the text itself too.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[/ QUOTE ]

We will be implementing the requested features.