Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 08:17 PM

Default [PL50] New to Omaha, point out my mistakes

Stack sizes are 49$. villian 1 is aggressive and stupid, villian 2 is a calling station and stupid. We are 8 handed.
villian 1 raises to 1.75 in UTG+1, I call right behind him with:
8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
villian 2 reraises to $7.75, everyone folds to initial raiser, he calls, I call.
Thoughts: They both like their hands and villian #2's hand is pretty well defined, so I should be able to play well post flop. Too loose?
Flop comes out:
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villian 1 checks, I check, villian 2 checks. I put villian 2 solidly on AAxx, because he is betting if he has a set. He might have some other random jank that he's [censored] around with, but he probably has AAxx.
turn is the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
So now I have 2 flush draws, 1 of them nut, and a [censored] pair.
Villian #1 bets out the pot, 24$, and I push
Thoughts: Villian #1 is aggressive and has seen weakness from me and the pfr. He knows that if the pfr was strong, he would have bet. So he might be on a steal, and if he is I pick up a huge pot, and if he isn't then I have at least 9 outs, and probably 18+maybe 2 if he has KQxx or something of the sort.
Good? I am really new to omaha, so any thoughts, especially on my thinking, would be very helpful.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: [PL50] New to Omaha, point out my mistakes

your preflop thinking is exactly what my would, and given your read on villian two as being passive and stupid, he most likly has AA here, so i dont fold pre-flop (a few people might. but i like you hand far to much even outta position to let it go).

I am not really sure i like your push on the turn, given how draw heavy the board is, and given that villian one, no matter how stupid he is, will most likly not go on a pure bluff into two people on this board, and given the size of the pot, i really dont see you having any fold equity, especially that your push isnt that much mroe. Also given your drawing hand, you really have no need to want to knock the calling station out, let him come along with his aces, and possible a gut shot, something like A-A-t, him coming along when u just call only increases the value of your hand, unless he has higher hearts, but i still think opverall it inceases your value.

The when you hit any club heart or 8, you cann still get it in there, or at least call, and you'll still almost always get paid off if your good, and the times when u miss you save yourself the extra $20. thats my line anyway
Old 10-25-2007, 09:19 PM

Bet the flop for the love of god.

Turn play is fine, but I prolly just call the turn more than I do shove it, either way is fine I guess.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:28 PM

Bet the flop into the pfr? Even knowing he is going to call/raise his AAxx?
For some results, villian 2 called with his AAxx, and villian 1 called with his KKAx with the heart draw, and I rivered my flush to lucksack the [censored] out of him.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:36 PM

There's why - you had all aces covered assuming villain 1 had to have an ace too, if not, you're drawing to ~6-8 outs and around 15 or so on the turn. I like the turn shove here because you have so many outs and you know you're most likely going to get one or two callers. I am a heavy drawer in PLO (I usually dont put a ton of values on sets unless there are very few/none flush or straight draws) so that could be why. (Note, I'm not saying fold sets or anything - but in a hand like this with 2 flush draws and assuming 2 more outs for a set of your own if one isnt already made (one was) is a fine play)
Old 10-25-2007, 09:41 PM

never bet that flop. thats crazy talk!!!! your only asking for trouble if you do that, you still calling but u much rather a free card to re-asses your situation. Only reason i dont shove the turn is because i want to make CERTAIN the other guy is calling, dont want to scare him away as you hand gains value with the extra overcall... and yes U have no fold equity, especailly with your stack... calling turn is better option, betting flop is suicidal, check raise it if anything, but i still dont recommend that, although it would be the better play if your heads up against Mr Aces, but not given that he a calling station.