Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: family support
I have enthusiastic support of my family regarding playing poker for an income 24 23.76%
I have lukewarm support from my family regarding playing poker for an income 36 35.64%
my family would prefer that I did something else for my income but let's me make my choices 35 34.65%
I am in a battle with my family over this career choice 6 5.94%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: pictures of girls in threads

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, feel free to peruse the Photobucket thread on the first page. Why was that junked anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, what the hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat asked to move it to protect 2p2/just to be safe and I didn't really care either way so here it is.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I did so because I thought there was complaint about them from other moderators"

The only complaint I saw was about the use of the word "kidsh-itter" in the title. What other complaints are you referring to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started wondering if I'd imagined the complaints about the photos being posted, so I read the first thread again.

Here are the posts that must have stuck in my subconscious:

El Diablo
[ QUOTE ]
I find it pretty weird that you are so into posting pics and reports of girls you've hooked up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids
[ QUOTE ]
I think the pictures thing is kinda exploitive and just a risky choice in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

*TT*
[ QUOTE ]
IMHO the word used in the OP title is as bad as the photo, we really shouldn't be encouraging that; its a train wreck waiting to happen. I know not everyone agrees with me on this but it needs to be said. The story is great but posting the picture of the girl without her knowledge goes too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT!
[ QUOTE ]
I find it pretty gross that you are so into posting pics and reports of girls you've hooked up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT!
[ QUOTE ]
i'm serious i think it's creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]

*TT*
[ QUOTE ]
The trip report doesn't bother me. But if I was that girls father Nation would have 2 more days to live after posting my daughters picture with the story, its crosses the border of acceptable behavior in my book. I'd prefer that the pictures are removed before the thread is reposted... I'm not expecting miracles, but I hope Nation considers the feedback he has received so far and has the pictures removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT!
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i like to BS about my sex life too dude, but there's a difference between that and posting pictures of chicks on the internet while talking about her 'kidshtter.' most girls get that guys are going to talk to their friends, and they talk to theirs. but if she knew she was going to be picked apart by an internet forum full of total strangers and perverts, with her pictures being passed around, i would guess that she would pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

*TT*
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not married. In fact I haven't gotten laid in 3 months, my sex life sucks. Its not about that, its about respect for people who cannot defend themselves. If she knew about and was cool with your post then i think we would all be wrong, but since she isn't empowered to know about, dispute, or back up the post then I don't think you should include a photo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-27-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have been informed by our attornies that "rules" are the way to trouble. If we make an official ruling regarding pictures, that means we have to actively scan the site and remove things. As it stands now, we keep ourselves safe by simply responding to requests.

[/ QUOTE ]

That information is very enlightening to me. Thank you.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:47 PM

Mike,

I'm assuming you understand the point that NT and I are making, right?

Thinking it's creepy, weird, classless, sleazy, and not something we would ever post does not mean that we think it should be removed. If 2+2 were my forum associated with me or my business, tons of stuff regularly posted here would not be allowed. But that's not the standard that exists on these forums.

Just out of curiosity, I would be interested in your opinions on the threads I linked a few posts above.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:51 PM

Mat,

FWIW, for various reasons over the last few years I've talked to a a number of lawyers regarding user submitted content on websites. Some of these have involved some of the largest sites on the web. Most would disagree with various elements of your attorney's position. Feel free to post here or PM me if you care to discuss further. If I were you, though, I'd get a second opinion.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike,

You did not answer a couple of questions. Here's the main one:

"Pictures of people that could be considered embarrassing or associated with what could be considered embarrassing situations are posted on 2+2 all the time.

Do you think 2+2 policy should be to not allow that?"

I'm asking that seriously, Mike, not just to make a point.

You initially removed the pics because "imo, there are very good odds that someone, somewhere, who knows one or both of these girls and who plays poker is highly likely to read Twoplustwo and see and recognise them, with embarrassing, (to say the least), real life consequences."

If that's the standard we go by, you've basically eliminated any embarrassing trip report pics from 2+2. That would be quite a policy change for the forums where that goes on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Mat's post explains to me why there aren't more formal rules in place, other than the general "No [censored], etc" stuff in the T&C.

I'm happy with that, and if you say that photos are posted all the time with explicit stories about casual sexual exploits, then I'm not going on any crusade to change this, other than by making the odd post in this forum in the vague hope that I can influence other mods to think twice whether or not they would like to see photos of their own daughters, wives, girlfriends, mothers, aunts, etc, associated with a blow-job rating or whatever.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:19 PM

Mike,

"photos of their own daughters, wives, girlfriends, mothers, aunts, etc, associated with a blow-job rating or whatever."

Nice idea, Mike! If 2+2 can became the trusted leading source of pictures of women with associated BJ/sex ratings, that would be a huge traffic driver for the site. Probably should put a team together to brainstorm marketing ideas!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you understand the point that NT and I are making, right?

Thinking it's creepy, weird, classless, sleazy, and not something we would ever post does not mean that we think it should be removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, of course. Indeed, I almost said in a previous post that I thought NT! had put it best.

I assume you understand that I think it should be removed, (and that I would remove it if I had the option), but that in the subject case I knew I did not have that option and I did not remove it for any reason other than to pass the thread back to nation for editing out the, (in context, imo, now laughable), "kidshtter" mentions?

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity, I would be interested in your opinions on the threads I linked a few posts above.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had time to read them yet. From their titles, I'm guessing that they're not threads I would normally choose to read, so my opinion would probably not be of any consequence.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:42 PM

Mike,

"I'm guessing that they're not threads I would normally choose to read, so my opinion would probably not be of any consequence."

I'm guessing that you normally wouldn't read "o snap i smashed a nonfattys kidshtter(pic)" either, but we all have opinions on it that I think are worth sharing. Even if we don't have rules, I think having an understanding of what is acceptable posting behavior on 2+2 is a worthwhile discussion, even if it won't really impact the stuff a number of us personally read.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:44 PM

Mike,

"in the subject case I knew I did not have that option and I did not remove it for any reason other than to pass the thread back to nation for editing"

Now I'm confused again.