Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs

InTheDark, please name one historical example where an outside power imposed a long lasting peace by indiscrimately slaughtering the civilians of a country they occupy.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
InTheDark, please name one historical example where an outside power imposed a long lasting peace by indiscrimately slaughtering the civilians of a country they occupy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That one word queers the deal. Argue with someone that cares.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we're living in it
Old 11-28-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we're living in it

[/ QUOTE ]
We didn't indiscriminately slaughter the Native Americans, we systematically slaughtered them. The key to the European victory in North America wasn't to intimidate the Natives, it was to kill or expel so many of them that the remainder were no threat. Felix's solution is much more likely to succeed than InTheDark's solution at the expense of being evil.

Also, if you didn't hear, Israel and Fatah last night formally agreed to resume peace talks at the Annapolis convention for the first time since Clinton's failed 2000 Camp David talks.

Olmert is on the left, Abbas is on the right.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:14 AM

Default Words Have Meaning....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If Israel use the power to "indiscrimately slaughtering the civilians", then we would see millions of Arabs fleeing to Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon. It would be a situation similiar to the Rwandan genocide. Using phrases like "indiscrimately slaughtering the civilians" should not be used lightly and should only be used where appropriate. Israel is not even on the radar map when it comes to using that type of language.

[ QUOTE ]
please name one historical example

[/ QUOTE ]
Ghengis Khan pacified his conquer lands using these types of methods. In his lands, he had Muslims, Jews, Christians, and the native Eastern religions. People knew the Khans did not play around when it came to war...

After WW2, Sudaten Germans where ethnically cleanse from Czechlosvakia and there is no more German insurection in these lands any more. Also Germans where ethnically cleansed out of Eastern Germany (modern day Poland) and there is no more German unrest in these lands.

Overwhelming defeat + overwhelming victory = Peace
Old 11-28-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Words Have Meaning....

Felix, please see my last post and edit. I conceeded that ethnic cleansing can lead to a lasting peace at the expense of being evil.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Words Have Meaning....

Oh....sorry.
My bad...
Old 11-28-2007, 02:06 AM

The Arabs are lying sacks of crap.

Relocate all Arabs inside Israel and dump them

don't worry too much about who dies the arabs don't understand much else.

It is precisely such attitudes--on both sides--that has led to the present mess.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Victory = Peace

[ QUOTE ]
It is precisely such attitudes--on both sides--that has led to the present mess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Prolonged stalemates have led us to this mess...
Victory leads to peace.

Sometimes a long bloody stalemate can lead to peace as in the Iraq-Iran War. But in this war, exhaustion led to peace. In the Israeli-Arab conflict, neither side has engage in an allout war which would eventually lead to peace. What we have had is a low level conflict where neither side has sufferred enough pain to want a genuine peace. Israel needs to take off the gloves....
Old 11-28-2007, 01:14 PM

The sad truth here is that so far, nobody has been able to find an equitable solution.

One definition of insanity (this time I'm being serious) is repeating the same action over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

Are we wearing foolishly rose-colored glasses by thinking that there is one iota of hope for an equitable solution?

If logic and reason tell us there is no solution, does logic and reason also tell us to pick a side and fight for victory?

The fact that I can empathize with Palestinian Arabs (were I born in Gaza and had to live their lives,I'd want to kill Israeli's, too) doesw not change the fact that the israelis are the good guys and the Arabs are the bad guys.

It may not make me feel very good about myself, but I agree with Felix.