Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Entourage: Season 4 FINALE Discussion (spoilers obv)

This episode pretty much blew, mostly for reasons already mentioned herein. Drama's act is weighing FAR too thin, and the whole season has been pretty predictable. The only interesting thing watching this episode was how I thought the film might be received, which I came full circle on.

1. Before finale started, I figured the movie would tank in Cannes.
2. When Dana Gordon made the 28 million deal, I figured then it was gonna do real well.
3. When Yayir Marx(?) overbid it to 75 million, I was 100% positive it would tank and he would back out.

pretty dissappointing season overall. The complete and instant dropping of the auto body chick from the storyline was especially distressing. Not that it was a great storyline, (or even a good one), but just that they set it up and then just let it completely fall off the face of the earth. That combined with the ham-handed way they handled E and Sloan's breakup just reinforces the fact that this show has little interests in realationships beyond the core group.

Also, does it seem to anyone else like the last few seasons the show has been practicing revisionist history with Ari's sexual history? I could swear they made it seem like he was banging tons of starlets and such the first few seasons, but since they made Mrs. Ari a marquee player, they have turned him into a friggin' lapdog, except for the constant comments when he is around Dana Gordon. Am I just remembering incorrectly?
Old 09-03-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, does it seem to anyone else like the last few seasons the show has been practicing revisionist history with Ari's sexual history? I could swear they made it seem like he was banging tons of starlets and such the first few seasons, but since they made Mrs. Ari a marquee player, they have turned him into a friggin' lapdog, except for the constant comments when he is around Dana Gordon. Am I just remembering incorrectly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ari spoke many times of sleeping with lots of women, but it was all in the past. He has never cheated on his wife on camera, so I assume has never cheated on his wife.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:50 AM

I thought it was the best episode of the season, but I didn't think the season was very good.

I mean the way they open up storylines and just dangle them is not new to the show, but I felt like they took it up a few notches this season.

And of course the movie was going to tank, because throughout the series E has never been wrong, but now that they "surprise" is gone perhaps billy will move into the background more next season, which will be good.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ari spoke many times of sleeping with lots of women, but it was all in the past. He has never cheated on his wife on camera, so I assume has never cheated on his wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

In season 1 Ari has a lunch with E where he mentions something about how he's banging a Brazilian super model. For the sake of continuity he could have been just lying as in season 3? he says he hasn't cheated on his wife since they got married.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In season 1 Ari has a lunch with E where he mentions something about how he's banging a Brazilian super model. For the sake of continuity he could have been just lying as in season 3? he says he hasn't cheated on his wife since they got married.

[/ QUOTE ]

ari made it clear he was lying about that. good try tho
Old 09-04-2007, 03:46 AM

Yeah in the steam shower in season 1 I recall Ari making it pretty clear that he hadn't ever cheated on his wife.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:33 AM

He has never cheated on his wife since she became his wife
Old 09-04-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do people actually boo at film festivals?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brown Bunny was supposed to have been roundly booed.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:23 PM

I liked the episode, but I dont go into the shows thinking they are going to be life changing.

My take on this season is that they didnt go in with a solid plan of what they were goign to do. The season was probably twice as long as season two and I think they had trouble extending the basic plot for the season that they had in mind. I think they rushed out the season to fast and didnt plan it out. Hopefully next season will be a better thought out season.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ne1 know what the song at the start of the episode was?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yelle - Je Veux Te Voir