Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Three bet on the turn with TP/Good kicker

Villian is a decent player, but not terribly aggressive post-flop. When I was three bet on the turn here, I really felt as though my king outs were nuked and that my jack outs might also be no good. Is this a reasonable fold?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 07-18-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Three bet on the turn with TP/Good kicker

No way I'm folding this in a BB vs SB battle. Also you have some counterfeit outs vs Q7 and K7, so I don't think you can even fold the turn even if you're always behind, which you're not.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:28 AM

If he isnt overly aggresive I am going into WA/WB mode after the flop raise. Dunno if thats giving up value and dunno if I am just being results oriented, but it saves me the trouble of dealing with the turn 3-bet.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:06 AM

oink you have to give more action than calling down the flop c/r in a blind battle imo.

one thing you always have to remember in LHE is that it's super super super bad to make huge pots and then fold. esp when you have something. so if you're not comfortable calling down here you need to look at where you maybe gave too much action. I think it's close but bad as played, so the logical answer is to 3bet the flop and call down to further aggression.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oink you have to give more action than calling down the flop c/r in a blind battle imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree. But this board is very dry and Hero did 3-bet preflop. Dunno. I dont think its a very easy flop 3-bet and I certainly dont think the turn is an easy raise.

Meh I am in a weak tight period I guess. Starting to fold more and raise less
Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 PM

in these spots I prefer to 3-bet the flop and call-down from a cap.

I don't think you can fold on the turn in a blind battle even though you are probably behind. You have enough outs vs a worse two pair, flush and straight draws are possible, and villain could just be spazzing. I mean it is a blind battle.

edit: jba beat me to it.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:01 PM

How about calling the turn and delaying the valueraise to a safe river? You have an much easier fold if he 3bets the river. The flop is dry, so you dont miss value by not raising the turn and making him pay the max for a draw which he might c/f on the turn, so i think that would be a nice line.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:04 PM

what's with all the dry talk, there's a fd out there
Old 07-18-2007, 02:09 PM

I think your line is fine, but you need to call down.

I would 3bet this flop a lot and call down any further action. If the flop was K72r, I'm more inclined to raise the turn because bluffs make up a bigger part of his range.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:20 PM

i like calling to raise a non club river if i don't just 3-bet flizzop