Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: 360 HD DVD Player Price Drop

[ QUOTE ]
to those of you that have the hd dvd player add-on,

have you had any compatibility issues with any hd dvds? read a couple of threads in the xbox forums and some have had difficulty watching some movies such as: the departed, 300 and hot fuzz.

this worries me a little bit because i'm thinking of getting the hd dvd add-on

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy has the HD DVD addon and has 300 in HD...never had an issue watching it.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to those of you that have the hd dvd player add-on,

have you had any compatibility issues with any hd dvds? read a couple of threads in the xbox forums and some have had difficulty watching some movies such as: the departed, 300 and hot fuzz.

this worries me a little bit because i'm thinking of getting the hd dvd add-on

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy has the HD DVD addon and has 300 in HD...never had an issue watching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i researched it some more today, it used to be an issue, but was fixed with xbox console updates
Old 09-28-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HD-DUD = 1080i oh and its almost 200 xtra bucks

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. false.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_DVD
Old 09-28-2007, 01:21 AM

I bought a new bulb for my projector through ProVantage.

I swear to god the thing was on my doorstep before they even charged my debit card. It was regular shipping too, but fast as lightning.

As a result, I am impressed with these guys, and they have been around a long time, although I'd never heard of them before finding their site while searching for a replacement bulb.

Anyway, I ramble... $154.38 at ProVantage:

http://www.provantage.com/microsoft-...3~7MSSX04P.htm
Old 09-28-2007, 01:17 PM

If you buy it through Amazon, you can get 8 free HD DVDS with this offer. It comes with king kong now, plus amazon allows you to select 2 free additional HD DVD's in addition to the ones listed (I chose 300 and Beerfest). It says you can only select 1, but most combinations of 2 work. Offer expires 9/30 though so buy now if you are planning to get one!
Old 09-28-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you buy it through Amazon, you can get 8 free HD DVDS with this offer. It comes with king kong now, plus amazon allows you to select 2 free additional HD DVD's in addition to the ones listed (I chose 300 and Beerfest). It says you can only select 1, but most combinations of 2 work. Offer expires 9/30 though so buy now if you are planning to get one!

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like now is the time to buy.... guess i know what i'll be looking at after work tonight!
Old 09-28-2007, 02:54 PM

I may have to buy an extra one... these work on PCs too, if y'all didn't know that...
Old 09-29-2007, 11:07 PM

Ugh, just got mine and the freaking eject button doesn't work. Push the button on the machine, nothing.

I can open it with the controller when it is empty, but if there is a dvd in the disc tray it will not open (the menu item that says "open tray" turns into "play movie" and there is no option to eject the disc). The only way for me to get a disc out is to shove a paper clip in that little emergency eject hole.

Called microsoft and I need to ship to them, and they are sending me a new one once they receive mine. Hopefully the new one will actually work and hopefully none of you have the same problem. If anyone else has had the same problem and was able to fix it, please let me know.

Also, why does the universal remote eject button open the 360 console and not the player, or atleast have an option for both. Very frustrating, hope others who ordered have better luck than me.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:57 AM

picked mine up tonight. watched Knocked Up in HD and it was great! I also picked up 300 and it did not play =( going to try wipe it down with a soft cloth because there was a tiny smudge on it when i first opened it (weird). popped in King Kong, it played without a problem
Old 09-30-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, just got mine and the freaking eject button doesn't work. Push the button on the machine, nothing.

I can open it with the controller when it is empty, but if there is a dvd in the disc tray it will not open (the menu item that says "open tray" turns into "play movie" and there is no option to eject the disc). The only way for me to get a disc out is to shove a paper clip in that little emergency eject hole.

Called microsoft and I need to ship to them, and they are sending me a new one once they receive mine. Hopefully the new one will actually work and hopefully none of you have the same problem. If anyone else has had the same problem and was able to fix it, please let me know.

Also, why does the universal remote eject button open the 360 console and not the player, or atleast have an option for both. Very frustrating, hope others who ordered have better luck than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

exact same thing happened to me when I got it.