Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

View Poll Results: Which is more +EV?
Call 31 83.78%
Reraise 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Pm received by a few of us. Not sure what to think.

"2+2 is a company of excellence."

Doesn't "a note about the english" or whatever kinda blow this one out the water?

I would say 2p2's standards are about I dunno, bellybutton level.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't believe Mods should be doing any trash talking on the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't care what color your username is, I think calling people "stupid" or "retarded" is a tool that should be used sparingly and only when appropriate, if at all. But others - mods included - tend to make these words part of their regular forum diet. I'm tending to agree with those who say that mods set the tone, represent the site, etc., and as such should perhaps post with that in mind, but it's not my call and I can certainly see the counterargument.

As for the "who is Kaj" debate, I think a good half of his posts were in ATF where he constantly refused to answer that question, even though it wouldn't have been hard to do and would have put the matter to rest once and for all. He was being deliberately evasive for seemingly no reason.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:53 PM

Bellybutton level may be where things are now (what they've become) at least as far as the forum goes. As a company Mason prides himself in only publishing top-shelf books that are well written. I think it's only fair to provide our volunteer service on the in a way that meets with his standards of publishing. There's no reason we can't hold our members to that standard as well. But first we, as Mods, need to lead by example.

I agree with much of the PMer stated. These forums were once a very respectable place and an excellent source to become a better poker player. Now it seems that they are being over run with childishness. There are Mods that are certainly fueling the amount of childish behavior. Simply laying down some guidelines that are little more than kindergarten level behavioral standards would contribute to much better moderation and an overall much better poker forum.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:56 PM

deac,

The forums were like you say back when the avg age of the 2p2 reader/customer was a LOT older. 2p2 has a different readership, and a different target demo now, and I think the forums simply reflect that.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling people "stupid" or "retarded" is a tool that should be used sparingly and only when appropriate, if at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm would agree with "if at all". How old are we? I remember when I was very young I was told, "if you don't have anything nice to say; don't say anything". I also remember being told to, "treat other people the way you want to be treated". I'm no saint. I've broken both of these little rules countless times. However, I have come to realize that if you really need to lay it down on someone you have to at least do it privately. Doing this on a public forum only gets people pissed off and filled with a need to defend themselves or counter punch. Then before you know it there's this huge public feud going on. It also makes us, as mods and representatives, of 2+2 look like a bunch of [censored].
Old 09-24-2007, 06:07 PM

That's a 100% valid point there, Dids. I'm sure what you stated has had much to do with the way thing are now compared to then. But it doesn't have to be like it is now. Maybe it would be too much to get the forums under control and behaving like gentleman. But I see no reason whatsoever that we can't get the Mods to act professional and as respectable representatives of 2+2.

I'm fairly certain that I am respected to a degree and well liked on the forums. I'd like to believe that much of that comes from being kind, helpful, respectful, fair, and logical. I don't get involved in e-feuds, and I don't allow them in B&P. As a result, the Books and Publications forum is very well behaved.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:14 PM

deac,

To be fair, I'm not sure that the Books & Publications forum is another BBV4L ready to break out were it not for your leading by example. It's probably only slightly more chaotic than the Golf forum.

As for your "if at all" comment, I have busted out with the occasional well-placed insult and can't promise I won't in the future. But like I said it takes a lot to get to that. I do however regularly see some mods treat the forums like it's a full contact sport, but I have no idea what sort of effect that has on the forums as a whole.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:18 PM

deac,

I'm guessing you don't frequent BBV/4L?
Old 09-24-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
deac,

The forums were like you say back when the avg age of the 2p2 reader/customer was a LOT older. 2p2 has a different readership, and a different target demo now, and I think the forums simply reflect that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when it used to attract some die hard strat. posters who by definition are going to be smarter and more mature. 2+2 has moved well beyond just a strat. forum and the new userbase is operating a much less mature level.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NT! is a good example of a mod who enjoys showing he needn't comply with 2+2 rules on profanity, insults, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

NT! has been acting like quite the tool lately, as evidenced by the following directed at me in open forum:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...ue#Post12191401

Apparently, he doesn't quite understand the difference between a Google listing and a personal recommendation.