Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Damages!

Helio did in fact step it up for his samba. This dance was obviously in his blood. Great rhythm, and the best hip action of anyone, not just any man, in the competition. He got off rhythm just a hair in one spot, but this was his best dance yet. Aw. 27? I was pushing for him to get a 10 here. I guess they caught him getting off step.

Man, after a great start, Marie's cha cha footwork was terrible. Her New Yorkers were very awkward, and her cha cha locks were shaky -- she needed to bring her feet together in them. Her performance was good, but man, I'm shocked that the judges didn't comment on her foot placement. I think now it's Marie's turn to be thankful for a 24. That also looked like it should get a seven or two.

Mel got paso. Katy should like this dance, because it'll be a great opportunity to watch Maksim being very masculine. Mel looked sharp here. She could still stand to tuck her hips under her more, but the judges aren't really taking off for having typical ballroom posture rather than the exaggerated paso posture. Well, it seems that Mel may be jumping to fill the void left by Sabrina with another perfect score. She earned it.

DQDW dances cha cha, and I was still underwhelmed. Her footwork and foot placement was better than Marie, but she's lacking the crispness and quickness and foxiness that she needs to take her to the next level. Len is right that she's missing the fireworks. I think her 26 was a little generous. I was thinking 24-25.

To my surprise, Jennie did better in her rumba than in her VW. She still needs to have better extension in her arms, but her character was much better. Her footwork was solid, and her hip action, while not quite up with Helio, was also good. I think the 28 with a 10 from Bruno is exactly what she earned here. Bruno is always who's more likely to give a 10 for sexy.

Wow. I was fully expecting to be disappointed with Cameron's jive, but he rocked the house. He's got some of the best kicks and flicks of any star on this show to date, and he was even pointing his toes. A great finish, too. His leap was cool, and then Edyta's surprise flip to polish it off looked great. Aw, I think his 27 was a little low here. I would have liked to see him get a 10 or two for this. I guess the middle of the dance wasn't as quick or energetic as some jives, but it was still a pleasant surprise from Cameron.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:40 AM

I honestly have no idea who'll be eliminated tomorrow. There's only 4 points between first place and last place. If there's justice in the world, Jane (I would say Marie, but her quickstep was great tonight) will get the ax, but she's been able to rock the vote. Marie is probably this season's Jerry Rice, so she probably won't go. Mel is probably safe at the top, but who knows how many votes she's getting. If she slips from that top spot next week, she could easily be gone. I think Jennie should be pretty nervous, too. She's never been in the bottom two, and in this competition, that almost seems like a liability. Only Wayne and Floyd were in the bottom two and then subsequently eliminated, but Albert, Sabrina, and to a lesser extent, Mark, were all surprises. I'd hate to lose Helio, Cameron, or Mel at this point, so I'll be pulling for them tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bachelor will sex both ladies up again next week and then pick Jenny. Bigamy would be the correct choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way Jenny. He is completely in love with Deanna. Did you see the way he reached out and stroked her arm at the restaurant? And later he cupped her face with his hands? That is a sign of love. You mark my words. Also, Jenny's dress tonight was damn ugly.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Bachelor will sex both ladies up again next week and then pick Jenny. Bigamy would be the correct choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way Jenny. He is completely in love with Deanna. Did you see the way he reached out and stroked her arm at the restaurant? And later he cupped her face with his hands? That is a sign of love. You mark my words. Also, Jenny's dress tonight was damn ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't discount the fact that he has had sex with both of them, and Jenny is a very flexible dancer.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Helio was on his toes the whole time, and it's critical to be down and stepping on your heels. The detail the judges missed was that he needed to close the fingers of his right hand. Spreading them out looks funny, especially in tango.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great review, MrWookie. I always look forward to hearing your take on it. So I know you've explained this to me before but I'm too lazy to search right now. What's the deal with the heels and toes. I thought you lead with the toe! What do you mean he needs to be stepping on his heels? I thought the reason Floyd was so bad was he couldn't stop stepping on his heels. Explain please when you are supposed to step on your heels and when you are supposed to dance on your toes.

oh, and I agree with you on the spread fingers. I noticed it with Helio. Sometimes Cameron does it too.

Marie,

[ QUOTE ]

Their Charlestons at the opening of the dance made me die a little bit inside -- the style was so far removed from the authentic style of the 20s that it should be illegal in most states, or at least South Carolina.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you make me laugh. You are seriously annoyed with their Charlestons? You're such a purist.

Mel's foxtrot was a real disappointment. It looked like she didn't practice it near enough. I have to say that I didn't exactly care for the choreography either. And why was she wearing pants? ugh, who's idea was that?! A small disaster all the way around. Her second dance killed.

[ QUOTE ]
Katy should like this dance, because it'll be a great opportunity to watch Maksim being very masculine.

[/ QUOTE ]

The choreography went perfectly with the music. She was sizzling. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this dance. Max makes me have naughty thoughts. Oh why didn't I record that dance tonight [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]? He looked about as close to a god as a guy possibly could. You like him too don't you Wook? Holy moly that was a beautiful dance.

[ QUOTE ]

Jennie continues with Viennese waltz, and her second dance is rumba. That's a tough combo for her. She needs to be in very different characters for each, and neither is like the serious character she's mostly shown us. Smile, Jennie, smile! Seriously, smiling would add 2-3 points to her score. Bruno is right that she had some wonderful fluidity in her movement, especially in the beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm rooting for Jennie and think that she could go all the way. Her improvement each week is really fun to watch. She is one of my favorites this year. I love her spins and her posture. Derek is an incredible choreographer and teacher. Awesome rumba [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] This dance was perfect, and her dress was gorgeous (both times actually. loved the blue dress she wore earlier). I would have given Jennie 3 10s for that dance and 3 10s for costume too.

Who will be called back for an encore? Helio's samba maybe? Or Max and Mel with the Paso?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

Heroes and Journeyman are now officially off my Tivo list.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 AM

Has Journeyman picked up? I watched it once and then just never cared about the premise.

Also, is anyone here watching Chuck? I record it at the same time as DwtS. I wouldn't call it "great" television, but I continue to be entertained by a show I thought would be horrible, if not vomit-inducingly so.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has Journeyman picked up? I watched it once and then just never cared about the premise.

[/ QUOTE ]

well...no...that's why it's off my list. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 PM

wookie,

My 14 year old daughter and I enjoy watching Chuck. It's funny and campy all at once. At least I don't feel dumber for watching it (unlike Bionic Woman). Hopefully, the crappy fall shows will hasten Jericho's return.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well...no...that's why it's off my list. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, oops. I misread your post. I'm surprised you're dropping Heroes at this point, though. I thought it had been picking up. Yeah, the time travel stuff sucks, but so does everything to do with time travel in any book or show. There's always an unresolvable issue or paradox. Consequently, I don't bother to think about it.