Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 05:50 PM

Default .25/.50 LO8 Aces facing heavy action

I suspect the play on this hand is more a function of the limit, and so perhaps I shouldn't worry too much. Nonetheless, I was confused, and curious how others would have played this hand.

UTG just sat at the table (and posted the blind).
UTG+1 is a 72/15 complete maniac.
BB is slighly loose pf over a small number of hands.

The table had been playing very loose and aggressive, with lots of bets and raises.

The action on the flop was a little weird, since one player was forced all-in, so I cleaned it up as best I could.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to .40 (all in)</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to .50</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls 10 more cents.

I called here because both UTG could well have an overpair, flush draw, OESD, or some other random holding. UTG+1 is basically playing any 4.

Turn: (12 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

River: (14 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 08-03-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: .25/.50 LO8 Aces facing heavy action

I guess you played it fine. With those reads you have to call flop raise. And if someone has left only 2-3 SB he will always raise flop no mather what he has.

On turn the fold is reasonable although with that little action I would call one more bet. And call river if its still bet-call to me.

Paired board are quite good for aces cause no one can make 2 pair vs you and thats the most common ace killer.
Also odds are great due to all the preflop raising.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: .25/.50 LO8 Aces facing heavy action

Helpful response. Thanks for the tips about playing Aces. I never quite feel comfortable with the hand.