Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 PM

Default .25/.50 LO8 large pot with nut/nut draw

UTG in this case is 48/8 and has a tendency to spew.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

I didn't necessarily put UTG on Aces, so I 3-bet here to isolate - bad move?

Flop: (16.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Nice flop, I just called here to draw more money in the pot with my pulling hand.

Turn: (12.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Wasn't too sure what to do here - I didn't have any made hand, but I had nice-looking draws with the nut-low draw, nut-flush draw, and nut-straight draw.

River: (20.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.2 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 21.80 BB
Old 08-01-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: .25/.50 LO8 large pot with nut/nut draw

I would have just called PF, but the raise isn't bad but i would need a little stronger hand than that.

I would've played the flop and river the same way as you did, but on the turn I sometimes just check.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:43 AM

Calling preflop to encourage more other callers would be better I think. Pulling hand and all that.
I would probably 3-bet the turn. 4-handed your draws appear to give you more than 25% equity; since MP3 and BB seem committed to the hand I think it would be good to charge them.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:55 AM

3-beting preflop is borderline,your hand plays good both heads-up and multiway but generally I would prefer to let others in. The point is that if UTG raises he has usually AAxx and after you 3-bet usually no one has enough to call 3bets cold. So you will get 4-bet preflop by UTG and thats not that good to play 1 on 1 vs AAxx.

I would be re-raising both on flop and turn, thats true that you have a good draw on flop but you also have top pair and if some villians fold top pair can simply win the high without further improvment and if none of them folds thats also good you build a big pot like you wanted.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling preflop to encourage more other callers would be better I think. Pulling hand and all that.
I would probably 3-bet the turn. 4-handed your draws appear to give you more than 25% equity; since MP3 and BB seem committed to the hand I think it would be good to charge them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you three bet the turn then you are forcing MP3 and BB to call 2 big bets cold, so I think they may fold weaker low draws or flush draws that you want to stay in the pot. I guess the 3 bet is okay if you think that your queens can beat the UTG player (since he is Laggy).
Old 08-03-2007, 04:40 AM

Good responses, thanks.