Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Double Shootouts...
Turbo 13 50.00%
Non Turbo 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Re: How will the games develop?

??????? hasnt anyone heard of ferguson turning 0 into 10k?

why would it all of a sudden be so tough to beat the online games in a measly few years.

online will always be beatable. theres always a counter strategy. people will still continue to tilt.

i still see the same donk action now as i did a few years ago.

its like this post is suggesting that people are going to smarten up in the next few years.

aint going to happen.

the only thing people have to worry about is if online poker gets completely banned, other than that, online will always be easily beatable.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:59 AM

The laws will change soon enough. There's so many people against it that it's inevitable. Maybe the next presidency will change it?
Old 10-14-2007, 11:30 AM

Pray asia gets the poker bug.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pray asia gets the poker bug.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2007, 01:37 PM

pray it gets legal in china you mean
Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pray it DOESN'T get legal in China/Korea....

those starcraft super grinders will kill the games asap...and there's not enough money in those countries to make up for hte super grinders they'd produce.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pray it DOESN'T get legal in China/Korea....

those starcraft super grinders will kill the games asap...and there's not enough money in those countries to make up for hte super grinders they'd produce.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, theres a lot of dumb in here.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...the online games will significatly dry up. (however if the U.S. unbans and we're allowed to beat up on the "new euro/asian markets" this will prolong the drying up of online poker for a good 10 years imo)

[/ QUOTE ]

If the US unbans, I really don't see poker drying up anytime soon - and definitely not within 10 years --although we might be playing PLO or whatever instead of NLHE in 10 years. Tournaments will likely become more and more popular and they do a great job of frequently putting alot of money into very bad players' hands which is then redistributed amongst the poker economy, and there will likely be many more wealthy casual players once it is 'safe' and 'regulated', etc..

Just imagine what will happen after it is officially regulated and we get another MoneyMaker $50 into millions guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

My 2 big fears are....Korean/China super grinding machines...like the kids who play starcaft...mine WoW gold..they just dedicate/play such ungodly hours.

The next big fear is computer issues. What I mena by that is the combo of bots, trojans getting passwords and wiping out random people's roll (with greater frequencies) etc. etc.

Now I could be TOTALLY WRONG..and HORRIBLE projections. After all I've never studied the subject and only going off my gut, also I'm always been pesimistic. Part of the reason I put as much as I can into real estate and not into "moving up limits."

imo, online poker will never die, but will get to the point where $100 a hour is HARD to get...but $30 a hour isn't (if the most I could make per hour was $50 a hour, then the games would be DRY to me and I'd probably stop playing)
Old 10-14-2007, 02:09 PM

if chinese would join the poker circus that would not be good for the profitability of the game. the ratio of rich gamblers to poor people in china is much lower than in the usa or europe, so it s unlikely there will come a lot of fish money into the market.
At the same time wages there are low and lots of these people could make much more money grinding low/mid stakes online poker than they could on their jobs. the combination of little money and lots of people with low wages who probably have enough education/work ethic to be profitable players under the current circumstances would not help at all in the long run.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:13 PM

Bring on whoever. I don't care what color they are.