Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 08:18 PM

Default plo100 6max hand

plo 100 6max 6 players

villain - LAG player either on monkey tilt or spazzing out for fun or whatever. He's potted every pot preflop for at least the last orbit and either c-bet for pot or called the bet if someone else bets. Two hands ago he doubled me up hand went like this: he raises utg, 1 caller, i call in the sb with AAQ5r, he pots AcQx3c flop, caller calls, i c/r pot, he calls, caller folds, turn 5s i bet allin for a little bit more, he calls and shows QcTc76, my hand holds up.

UTG - mostly unknown, but seems kinda bad in the loose passive way.

ME - ~185
UTG - 90
Villain - 215

Onto the hand

I have Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG limps, MP limps, I limp, villain pots in the SB, bb folds, utg calls, mp folds, I call.

Flop (~20) - 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain pots it, UTG folds, I do what?

What if UTG had called the flop?

If I call, I'd expect the villain to fire most turns. If I raise, I'd expect the villain to call or get it in with a pretty wide range.

Also, I'd usually give this a little 3-4bb raise pf but didn't since the villain was potting every hand.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: plo100 6max hand

hand banana?
Old 02-06-2007, 11:54 PM

you

tonight

you
Old 02-06-2007, 11:57 PM

As for your hand, it's hard to narrow the villain in on any range that you are ahead of (it could be a big pair it could be a nake flush draw who knows). The hand you from earlier is him overplaying a draw. If he's doing the same here (diamonds or straight draw) you don't really have any of that beat although you do have some blockers.

This hand is tempting but don't you think you can wait for a better spot against him where you know where you're at?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:08 AM

This is easy

1. Call flop
2. Hit one of your outs on turn
3. Get it all-in
4. ???
5. MONNIIIIIEZ!

Feh..... I like your hand and your draw but it's pretty difficult to take it to the felt if he's the type to 3-bet a wide range here. Call the flop, you can fold the turn unimproved a lot if he comes out betting strong again, but it sounds like when you hit you'll be able to make plenty of money off him anyway.

As to whether your flush draw is live..... god knows, you can only base that on your read of him and your feeling during the hand.