Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 04:17 PM

Default So explain this one...

The other night I was at a bar talking to some random girl who asks what I do. I tell her I"m a poker player and she tells me this:

Her friend's boyfriend plays poker sometimes. One night recently he apparently lost a lot, went on monkey tilt, then used his girlfriends (she wasn't there at the time) bank account to put more online and lost that too. Rinse. Repeat. End of the night, he has stolen ~8k from his girlfriend and lost it all. Girlfriend gets home and finds out what happened and calls her friend (the one I'm talking to) and tells her what happened. This girl works at the local bank that the girlfriend has her account. She somehow puts a hold on the account and the girlfriend loses nothing.

Now, she didn't explain the details of what exactly she does at the bank and what she was able to do with the account so the girlfriend had no loss. But who takes the loss here? the site? the bank? Is boyfriend punished at all?

I don't have any more details really cuz we didn't really talk about it much more after that cuz I didn't care, but now Im wondering about it. Also, the girl wasn't anti-poker/gambling or anything and I don't think she was making anything up.

Edit: Also I have no idea what forum to post this in so you people get it.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Re: So explain this one...

The poker room would take the charge back which is passed onto us in the form of fewer promos and higher rake.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:33 PM

Default Re: So explain this one...

As far as i know, you cant use someone's account withon permission so she could press charges against him. i've heard credit card stories where a relative used funds and said relative had to press charges to not be liable. at the bar girls either tell me they know someone who supposedly also makes a living at cards or they are incredulous that one could really supporrt themselves only with poker