Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 09:42 PM

Default I am supposed to fold this?

.25/.50 on FT. Table was full, now its breaking up - almost broken. I've seen villain a couple times before but don't have a read because I only just switched to FT and I never pay attention. He hasn't been at the table for very long.

It's now 4handed.

Me - ~68
Him - ~57

I have KKJJ not suited.

PF - dude limps, I raise pot on the button, villain calls, BB folds, dude folds.

Flop (~5) - T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, pot, call

Turn (~15) - 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, 1/2 pot, c/r to 20, me...?

If it means anything, I paused for awhile because betting the turn because of action on the other tables I was playing. I have the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

At first, it seemed like it should be an easy fold. But I had trouble putting him on a hand that wouldn't just c/r the flop. Seems like his line is more like a delayed bluff, plus I have str8 blockers. The dude who limp/folded pf was really bad and its likely villain knew that. It's now 4-handed so that should affect his play.

If he checks the river, we both have enough that I can put in a goodsized bet. Plus I have outs (tho how many is uncertain)

Maybe it's still an easy fold. What you think?
Old 10-17-2006, 10:59 PM

Default Re: I am supposed to fold this?

I'd fold here but you could make a point for pushing all in here.

On that board it would be insane to c/c with TTxx or 99xx, but he could have these and be playing tricky. Only other hand I could put him on is either A55x or 46Ax both w/clubs or a stone cold bluff (possibly seeing your half pot as a weak bet).

Without a read I'd have to fold and be throughly confused at what happened. But I see what you mean, there is a part of me that doesnt want to fold.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:31 PM

Check behind on the turn next time and avoid the problem. Even a full pot bet might have been better as your bet looked weak and invited a checkraise. You don't have enough of a hand to warrant betting though and with position can often get a free showdown if he was slowplaying something better and a draw hits that didn't help him.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.25/.50 on FT. Table was full, now its breaking up - almost broken. don't have a read because I only just switched to FT and I never pay attention. He hasn't been at the table for very long.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you had been playing at a full table, you can't assume your opp is adept and skilled at short handed play. It is somewhat more likely he is using ring game strategy and therefore more likely to have a hand.

A couple of agruments for calling: he may check the river if he is semi-bluffing, you may be able to rep flush on river and get him to fold better hand, you may outdraw him and win a bet on the river.

These types of hands are hard to lay down (look so pretty) but I am fairly sure I am behind $ trying to take a stand in these situations.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:02 AM

In the 1/2, I'd figure on at least 9875 or something like that. I'd feel quite certain that you're behind, but I'm not sure how far. I don't see how he could have flopped 2 pair without betting it, in light of the clubs. I could see a set like TT98 playing that way (waiting for a safe turn).

I don't think you objectively have enough outs to call even the mini-raise, but you do have position and could have as many as 10 outs (any of his non-pair cards plus spiking either of your sets). And you also have position.

I think I'd try calling and re-evaluating in light of whatever the river is and how he acts.

Hmmm... just noticed that it's 4-handed, which changes the texture of the game a lot. Anyhow, my comments were intended for FR, for whatever they're worth.