Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 PM

Default 2 plol 100 hands

Hand 1 - UTG is new to the table and unknown. Villain has been here a little bit and seems kinda loose bad but hasn't done anything crazy yet. Recently doubled up with topset vs some retards junk. Table is pretty weak in general. I've been pretty active lag.

Villain - 100
UTG - 80
Me - 130

I have K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG limps, I limp, folds around to villain in the BB who minraises, we both call.

Preflop is standard for me.

Flop - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain pots for 6.5, UTG calls, I call.

With the flush draw out there and UTG calling, I decided just calling the flop bet would be best instead of raising.

Turn - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain checks, UTG checks, I bet 20 in 24, villain calls, UTG folds

River - 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain checks, bet here? If so, how much?

Hand 2 - Different table. SB is a dumb lag and recently got stacked with set over set. BB is a total retard. UTG is lag a little too loose, but not crazy. Button is very loose, and pretty passive/cally. He is the one that set over setted SB. I doubled up awhile ago, but I've been card dead recently and not very active.

SB - ~35
BB - ~45
UTG - 100
ME - 190
Button - 230

I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop - UTG limps, I limp, button limps, sb completes, BB raises to 5, all call. I will sometimes raise this hand, but with deepstacked mccallbag behind me i opted to just limp. BB could have basically anything with this raise. He is bad.

Flop - J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB pots himself all-in, BB calls leaving himself ~9, UTG calls, I do what?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: 2 plol 100 hands

H1. I value bet small. $30 or so.

H2. Reraise. Half squeeze/Half isolation. You want UTG out of the hand and unless hes being coy with 333, I think you can move him off.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:10 AM

Hand 1 i bet about $20 here - i think its enough to get stuff like overpairs calling for value, $30 is close to half the pot and ia a little too much for the situation i think

hand 2 considering the stack sizes i stack off - its a better than marginal hand in a marginal situation - worst case scenarios you are against a straight draw and an overpair and you have about 40% equity, a set and you have around 17%, but they are so short they could be in with anything, plus by stacking off here and losing you are more likely to get action when you flop a monster against these guys
Old 07-28-2007, 07:39 PM

Not sure I agree with the thinking on hand 2. There's no way UTG folds after calling the flop bet if I raise. There's a lot in the pot, but I don't know about my equity and the button is still to act behind me. Getting action when I flop big isn't a problem for me and I doubt these tards would even notice/care anyways.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the button is still to act behind me

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i missed this part - given this i probably call and fold to a RR as you are deep and oop with button
Old 07-29-2007, 07:26 AM

Hand 1 I think you can get value, mostly from a weaker 9, and are hardly ever behind. I'd bet half the pot 30 or so.

Hand 2 I'd probably get confused and call, but this might be the worst option. It doesn't really look like anyone has a set, and you could hit running diamonds.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:36 PM

In general stop limping so goddumn much. Ugh.

Hand 1:If you routinely raise this flop HU that is just gross man. You have position and an ok draw and are in terrible shape versus almost everything that calls if you raise. Bet $30 on the river.

Hand 2: Just push. There's no point getting fancy when he could easily be calling with QJT himself and drawing to 3 outs to win and 4 for a split. Only person you have to worry about beating you at this point is the SB.