Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 09:59 AM

Default 1/2 6mop hand 4 decisions

1/2 6max currently 5-handed. The hand right before this one I stacked Player A when I limp/called his raise preflop with 9875ss, c/r'd his pot bet on a T74r flop and won vs his AAQQds. He immediately rebought to 200.

Player A - $200 - Usually pretty boring TAG player, doesn't get out of line very often at all. I'm pretty fine with him sitting to my left. Might be on tilt since I just stacked him.

Player B - $150. Pretty loose, varies between v.agg and bluffy to str8forward passive. He's been passive for awhile now. I think he usually plays higher stakes than this too.

Me - $400 - really good looking.

I'm in the BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Player A is UTG and has rebought to 200 and immediately raises pot once the cards are dealt, Player B is next and calls, other 2 fold, I call.

Decision 1 - Call or fold here preflop?

Flop (~22) - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Decision 2 - check or bet flop?

I checked, check, check

Turn (~22) - 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Decision 3 - Check or bet turn?

I checked again, A pots, B calls

Decision 4 - checkraise, fold, or call?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: 1/2 6mop hand 4 decisions

I'd say given that dude might be tilting, i wouldn't want to pot OOP with so many non nut outs, this being on the flop.

I C/R that turn without hesitation. You're 'buying outs' that way. Additionally, I'm a boring TAG player like player A, and I pot a lot of turns with as little as a pair. Especially when no one is showing aggession. Your c/r is great against his range, and you win a lot of pots then and there. I certaintly don't like calling, with noting but non nut outs.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:28 PM

1. Call. Nice hand with a guy who just got stacked betting immediately, you can flop some nice combo draws and 5 handed its an easy call IMO

2. Check. Missed your hand, there's some nice possibilites but you dont want to be commiting too much money now

3. Check, with the intention of....

4. Check-raising. You have lots of outs, also you can squeeze out B if he's deciding to call with a similar draw, or maybe just the NFD. So get him out and play it vs A with dead money and a big draw. A could be just trying to take it down cheap (as Glass Onion sais) since no-one has showed interest up to now.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:47 PM

I don't like the c/r on the turn particularly, since he's steaming and likely to call loose, and there is no hand you can beat if it goes to the felt. I'd be more inclined to call the turn and then value-bet. It's boring, but it makes money.

I'm lately becoming less inclined to play this sort of hand in the BB multiway. You just don't flop very strongly very often.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:45 PM

1. Calling's okay. It's a descent holding.
2. Check that weaksauce.
3. I bet a lot. I also check sometimes.
4. A turn c/r seems like you have a draw, but you may get stronger draws out so I suppose c/r is good if you check.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:30 AM

1 - I'd usually pass on this preflop, but I thought since it was possible that Player A was tilting I might win another big pot off of him. And Player B had been passive so I wasn't very worried about being OOP v. him.

4 - I'm not sure about c/r'ing here. Folding would be bad obv as we have a lot of outs (even tho not all are too the nuts it seems likely they'll be good anyone). I'm worried that if I do c/r another good draw won't fold and/or Player A will call giving B a great price or either one will shove. Even if I c/r and Player A folds, Player B only had 150 to start the hand so I think it's more likely he'll just stick the rest in with something like the nfd or something rather than folding.

I'm also not sure how either play will interpret my play if I do c/r the turn. The opportunity for this situation doesn't come up very often and when it does I don't think I play anything like this really. (If that didn't make sense what I mean is, I call a pfr OOP, the flop is checked thru, then I c/r the turn after a bet and call. That almost never happens. Don't know if thats good, bad, or neither.) So anyway, I don't know if they'll think monster and fold a wider range, or think I'm FOS and call/reraise with a wider range.

Also, if I do c/r and either player calls then what's your plan for the river? I think a shove would be in order on basically any card, right? But pot/stack sizes make it more likely for whichever opponent is left to call with a weak holding.

Of course, I can alway just call and see the river. The takes a lot of thought/confusion out of it but I don't know if it's the best play.