Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Bellagio $1K near bubble (consider it a $20 MTT if you like)

i'm betting/raising until it's all in on thqt flop
Old 06-30-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, assumme flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Is any of the preflop discussion now relevant? (i.e. its all getting in here, right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

obv not folding that flop, like couple people said above i really dont have a problem with shoving pre with the history youve given
Old 07-01-2007, 02:45 AM

If blinds are weak, and likely won't squeeze, take a flop.

Plans? You make plans? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2007, 11:21 AM

Preflop, I would probably push. I also like the flat call. Standard raising seems to make things difficult for you with this hand and position.

If I flat call, I don't have a plan. It depends on the flop and my opponent's action.

On this flop, raise big if villain bets. If villain checks, obviously bet, but it could get tricky if you get flat called. You could overbet push, but that may give away your hand.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:05 PM

A preflop push is AWFUL, we have way too many chips and he'll play pretty damn perfectly.

Any reraise commits you to calling a push, which means that its pretty much the same as a push and sucks.

So we call, knowing that we're well ahead of his range, and play poker on the flop. If he cbets the flop your push will be a little over a PSB which is fine. If he cbets a lot you can push pretty liberally (i.e. QTx), though on some boards you're going to want to call and try for a showdown (like KJx). And you have enough chips to float him for one street if you deem it appropriate.

Most of all after you call you aren't committed to bluffing or otherwise getting your chips in this hand. You have a lot of room to work and are in position with very likely the best hand. It's a good spot with a lot of options, including giving up if you don't like what you see.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:43 PM

The preflop push is 48K at an 8.4K pot. It is true that any hand that dominates calls and you don't get a lot of calls when you are ahead. But pushing is way EV+ compared to folding.

You may be right that flat calling is better. If you flat call, you have to be concerned that someone will squeeze. Of course, if you push, you are getting called by the blinds when you are dominated.

Standard raising is not the same as pushing. If you standard raise, you can be in a difficult position if you are called and miss the flop, particularly if villain bets into you.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:36 PM

I'd probably call, and get it allin on any favorable flop. But okay, moving allin preflop is also very likely to be +EV. I just think that in position it's also going to be +EV to call, and probably a bit more so? Take 6-10 BB's off your stack and I move allin for sure.

I agree with betgo that I would basically never make a standard raise. Once you do that you simply can't fold to an allin, so why encourage him to get tricky with 66, KQs etc. I mean it's one of those spots where the times he pushes with weak ace may cancel out the times he pushes with some weird hand that you aren't doing as well against, but you also give him the option to call. So yeah, if I'm going to raise I'd just move allin.