Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

sorry if this has already been addressed, but can the canadian/costa rican governments do nothing about this?
Old 10-21-2007, 03:20 PM

A source tells me that none of the laptop guys are Green and it's doubtful he was at the wedding because he's not in the 'all together' pic, either.

[ QUOTE ]
This is outrageous to say the least.

We need to use every avenue possible to bring this company down.

These criminals need to pay for their crimes, we can not let them go unpunished.

CAN ANYONE GET A COPY OF ALL ABSOLUTE'S CUSTOMERS E-MAIL ADDRESSES LEAKED TO THEM?

We have to use ANY means possible to get the word out.

[/ QUOTE ]the only likely way to get that result is to get everyone to stop playing AP. offshore= outside the law.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Nat's reasoning for very unlikely jail time or even arrests. The past few days inactivity publicly by Absolute on this are exactly the type of steps a company would take to ensure the operations continue intact long term- and not just because they don't want customers to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Costa Rica is not exactly a first-wourld country, but they're not exactly the least advanced country either. It's not AP's decision whether criminal charges are filed. I would find it very odd if Green and Tom are not criminally investigated.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:22 PM

So basically the person running all of Absolute Poker's day to day operations scammed the players and Absolute is in the tenuous position of not being able to prosecute him for fear of him leaking even more dirt about Absolute/UB.

I think N82/Adanthar/other people investigating have done everything in their power to bring the facts to light. Absolute isn't going to do anything else about it. Now it's on the rest of us to spread as far and wide this story and try to prevent new players from signing up with Absolute.

Absolutepokercheats.com is a good start; but what about sites with whom they advertise?

Is there any way we could get Cardplayer and Bluff to stop accepting Absolute advertisements?

We could use some of the hilarious admo pics to make shirts to wear to all the tournaments.

These are just a couple of ideas off the top of my head. We need to try to use this information to cut off the stream of new players that Absolute is trying to bring in.

Edit: Also what about the non-UB name players? I know Negreanu's blog has alot of traffic. Would he write a blog about this? I don't know if his PokerStars contract would prevent this; but it would be nice if some of the respected people in the poker world spoke out about this.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"oscar133 is almost certainly innocent"

I wouldnt jump to such conclusions, adanthar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would, and I'm better at poker. just as important as the hand itself is the fact that he's not even the #1 stack at the table.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:23 PM

Old 10-21-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically the person running all of Absolute Poker's day to day operations scammed the players and Absolute is in the tenuous position of not being able to prosecute him for fear of him leaking even more dirt about Absolute/UB.

I think N82/Adanthar/other people investigating have done everything in their power to bring the facts to light.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty accurate.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, Raymer, you take off the glasses, I take off the headdress!
Old 10-21-2007, 03:25 PM

The more we can find out about the ownership structure, management, and the shell companies involved the better. This may not be easy but it is available. All that info can be used to put real presure on Absolute and teh real owners. Many of whom probably reside in the US. Follow the money.
Closed Thread