Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Prima/MG players - software issues

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's a brilliant miniview. Best around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats a miniview and where do you get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Open a table...

menu / change table size /

et voila... mini view (with chat) or mini view (without chat)
Old 05-22-2007, 10:48 AM

Hi guys,

Your comments have been forwarded to Microgaming for review. Please note that they are a large company and cannot change things on a moment's notice, but everything you all have written is being taken under consideration.

There is a new release coming up very soon. Eurolinx will be the first to have it available to players. I'm sure there will be posts about it when it goes live. Once it does go live, feel free to contact me with questions. I'm afraid I will be unable to answer anything about the new software until then.

As always, I'm available for any questions/comments you may have (except about the new software before it goes live).

/Lydia
Old 05-23-2007, 12:52 AM

Bump. OP sums up the issues I have with the Prima software. I know a number of players who refuse to play on the network because of these issues, particularly 1 & 3 (although that problem is fixed now). Not being able to see mucked hands and not having access to instant hand histories are, in my opinion, the biggest problems after the reload issue.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:35 AM

I just tried out the software and the time u have to act is insane its like 8 secs or something. I was just 1 tabling the play money games hu games to get a feel for the software and I was timing out like crazy as I was getting used to the software and figuring stuff out. There is no way I would be able to play 4 tables there, and I tried to play with the mini view and its sucked hardcore. I had high hopes for playing at prima, hopefully they will fix this stuff.

I really liked playing with normal view though.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:24 AM

Another issue that hasn't been mentioned yet is that the software will kick you off of a table that you are sitting out at after a very short period of time (about 5 minutes). This gets very annoying if you want to take a break during a session but don't want to leave the tables you are at.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:20 AM

@ demon102: wtf are you talking about, in normal tables you have 30 seconds to make your move.

@ lenoid: thats a great thing. I hate it when people sit out and you have to play headsup in 6-max tables, like it is in stars. If you want to take break, then don't take a seat away.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:09 AM

@ lenoid: thats a great thing. I hate it when people sit out and you have to play headsup in 6-max tables, like it is in stars. If you want to take break, then don't take a seat away.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-24-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your comments have been forwarded to Microgaming for review. Please note that they are a large company and cannot change things on a moment's notice, but everything you all have written is being taken under consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing happens at a moments notice, but the size of MG has nothing to do with anything. I suppose a response from MG is too much to ask for. The case with Prima has always been that you can only talk to the skins, and they tend to not be in the loop. Thanks for forwarding the comments anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

1) The min. buy is insanely low, I think like 10BB or maybe fewer for NLHE. Make this at least 30-40 please.

2) I think the max tables is 6 or 8 on most skins, it'd be nice if they just went ahead and made it 10-12 like many other sites.

3) In NLHE they have too many different limits, like 1.5/3 and 2.5/5, I'd rather they remove those so you just have more options at normal limits like 1/2, 2/4, 3/6, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of these, but they're more high level than the original issues. I'd consider the original issues more like bugs, although they aren't. However, MG should be able to change these things overnight.

[ QUOTE ]
The waiting list is decent, but could be better. If you're on all the waiting lists and Table A pops up, but then Table B pops up before you can open A, then you have to get back on Table A waitlist all over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is a bit strange. However, I like the way you can get on a list for all the tables of a certain limit and you stay on the list after you sit at the first one.

[ QUOTE ]
I just tried out the software and the time u have to act is insane its like 8 secs or something ... and I tried to play with the mini view and its sucked hardcore

[/ QUOTE ]

You were probably at the turbo tables. The miniview might take a bit of getting used to, but it's actually really good. No point in using it if you have the screen space though.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, it's way too short and I should have included it in the OP. I think you're dumped on the second big blind you miss, which can be less than 5 minutes. I think I'm entitled to hang onto the seat I've been sitting in for an hour while I take a 10 minute break.

Unsurprisingly, people seem most worried about the reload issue. It's certainly the one that costs me the most money.

It'll be interesting to see what this new software is. I hope it's not just a new look and feel with its own host of issues.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:24 AM

Do any US residents play on Golden Riviera? What's the easiest way for a US resident to get money on there?
Old 05-27-2007, 10:27 PM

I just got lagged out of a river bet. It always seems to lag really badly around the hour mark. Does it do that for the rest of you?