Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Creating new FTP account

So I signed up with Full Tilt a couple of years ago before I knew anything about rakeback. I now hardly play there anymore because they refuse to convert my account to a rakeback account. I'd like to play there more, so how difficult is it to create a new account with rakeback?

Haven't checked FTP's T & C on this yet to see how strongly they disapprove, but I'm aware that having multiple accounts is not uncommon. To what extent do I need to change my details in order to make a new account? E.g. do I need to go beyond just using a friend / family member's name and e-mail address, etc.

Since I'll be starting with a new rakeback affiliate, will I need to uninstall the software first before I sign up again? Can I clear their $600 deposit bonus again with a new account, or is that stretching things to unethical? Any advice appreciated.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Creating new FTP account

Its against the rules. They will close your account with rakeback and move your money into your original account. Yes, clearing the deposit bonus again is unethical.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:35 PM

OK, I figured it's against the rules. But to what extent do they care in practice? I can understand that clearing the deposit bonus again is unethical, and that's not the goal here.

I believe it's well known that several high stakes players have multiple accounts. So is their issue with having multiple accounts per se, or with creating a second account to receive rakeback? It just seems ridiculously arbitrary to me that I would be permanently denied 27% rakeback on a major site just because I happened to download their software in ignorance 2 years ago. Particularly when I've been informed that until relatively recently they were willing to convert existing accounts to rakeback accounts upon request anyway.

Is there any way at all around this? I'm sure I can't be the only one in this situation.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:39 PM

they harbor bots, what do they care