Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Bot warning on PokerStars

[ QUOTE ]
ROFL... Try playing from somewhere like Afganastan sharing bandwith with 100 people on an army base and see if your taking the max time on EVERY hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey govman, do you speak from experience? I'm just wondering how you're able to play poker over there on a gov computer. Please let me know, as I'll be going to afghanistan later on this year. If I can play while over there, that will severely reduce my boredom [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ROFL... Try playing from somewhere like Afganastan sharing bandwith with 100 people on an army base and see if your taking the max time on EVERY hand. That does not mean your playing a bot so far 90 % of the whino's on this forum whining about bots suck at poker.

Look at gatorade all the nonsense he's stiring up. And quite frankly if you say it's a bad bot and it's beatable just beat it take all the money you can and try to go find another crappy bot to play. It seems like easy money but I think your just mad at your results against players you can't beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

My results are decent, and of course I beat such players, in fact even much stronger players. I wasn't mad about my lack of skills, but I was mad about waiting forever every single hand.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:13 PM

When I went on deployment to Iraq I was able to play poker in a restricted country like UAE (Dubai) and Bahrain which both governments restrict content. I love my satalite irridium phone which allows me to bypass government proxies. And yes I myself have taken almost max time because of lag/bandwidth/firewall/router issues. My guess would be he was not using a bot either as what your describing is not how you tell in the first place. =) I HATE BOTS!

-MrGatorade (Crazy Mike)
Old 06-13-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I went on deployment to Iraq I was able to play poker in a restricted country like UAE (Dubai) and Bahrain which both governments restrict content. I love my satalite irridium phone which allows me to bypass government proxies. And yes I myself have taken almost max time because of lag/bandwidth/firewall/router issues. My guess would be he was not using a bot either as what your describing is not how you tell in the first place. =) I HATE BOTS!

-MrGatorade (Crazy Mike)

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate people who take max time. There should be a separate section for max timers with bad connections so you can play each other while getting in 5 hands per level.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:32 PM

I think the only form of tilt that ever shows hints in my game is the slow ass players taking a year and a half for every decision.

It's also tough to get into gameflow type decisions and to subconsciously analyze your frequencies.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:55 AM

+1 on the extreme slow people tilting you.

Building a PLO bot would be easier than a NL one I think. All it needs to do is call with any decent draw then bet if it hits, bet anytime it has the nuts and a few other things and it could beat most players.

I have a friend who used to play a ton of the lowest stud HU games on stars and he swore this one regular was a bot, and after looking, I kind of believe him. The guy was on like 12 hours a day and occasionally has a second name (that's very close to the first, obv the same person, same location) who will play a second session right afterwards. It's actually probably a pretty good racket, if you made a bot that beats LLHU and just take 10 bucks off people at a time you probably get away with it pretty easily.