Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Paperchamp\'s NFL Week 5

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like ov49 for Pats v Browns

will Belicheck go easy on Crennel, though, if the game isn't close? that is the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, he didn't go easy on Mangini, granted that was a division game. I think it all depends on Jamal Lewis on this one, if he can get it going with a solid 90-100 yd game, I think Browns will cover.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that and he absolutely despises Mangini.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't understand how Jax is only giving up 2 points at KC. Yeah they just beat SD, and yeah Jax has had a slow offensive start, but they are coming off a bye, and had an impressive showing at Denver.

I also like the GB line a lot. I don't think anyone who has watched the NFL this year needs more analysis on that one

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrowhead is typically considered one of the toughest places to play a road game. Neutral field the line would be larger than 5 I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something important to remember- Chiefs are absolute terrible against the run.

KC allowed 73 yards rushing to Ahman Green in Week 1. He hasn't done anything the rest of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because he has been out with an injury.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's only missed one game, his season high is vs the Chiefs. Even so, the point still stands for Benson and Tomlinson who have been ghosts for 3 weeks and running machines in the week they faced KC. I think Jones-Drew and Taylor will find their groove against KC as well. And when the Jags got things going on the ground last year, they were blowing teams out.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:35 PM

Added pick...

Tampa Bay +10 (-110) @ Indianapolis Colts
Risking 1.1u to win 1u

I was already considering this game when I found out that Joseph Addai, Bob Sanders, and Marvin Harrison are banged up and might not play.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:47 PM

One more...

Baltimore Ravens @ San Francisco +3.5 (-110)
Risking 1.1u to win 1u
Old 10-04-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Added pick...

Risking 1.1u to win 1u

I was already considering this game when I found out that Joseph Addai, Bob Sanders, and Marvin Harrison are banged up and might not play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This game reminds me a LOT of the Titans/Colts matchup earlier in the year (with the obvious difference that this one is in Indy). I remember you took the Titans that day and I took the unders.... I really like the unders again and a lot of the same reasoning applies (Strong opposing running game, reasons that opponents would try to slow it down from the very start, possibly underrated opponents, etc).

I didn't do the parlay last time, but wonder if you think it could be worth a Buccs/Unders parlay on this one. If their main route to keeping it close comes off, I'd imagine there's a correlation with it being low scoring.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Added pick...

Risking 1.1u to win 1u

[/ QUOTE ]

This game reminds me a LOT of the Titans/Colts matchup earlier in the year (with the obvious difference that this one is in Indy). I remember you took the Titans that day and I took the unders.... I really like the unders again and a lot of the same reasoning applies (Strong opposing running game, reasons that opponents would try to slow it down from the very start, possibly underrated opponents, etc).

I didn't do the parlay last time, but wonder if you think it could be worth a Buccs/Unders parlay on this one. If their main route to keeping it close comes off, I'd imagine there's a correlation with it being low scoring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking correlated parlay with the Bucs before I settled on this pick but I couldn't decide if I thought there was a correlation with the under or the over. I'm expecting the Bucs to run all over the Colts, especially if Sanders is out.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:19 PM

If Bob Sanders doesn't play I'm betting my wife and kids on TB this weekend...

- C -
Old 10-05-2007, 01:48 PM

Added play...

New York Jets +3.5 @ New York Giants (-110)
Risking 1.1u to win 1u
Old 10-05-2007, 03:00 PM

Picks for week 5

Car +3.5 even with David Carr getting the start.
KC +2 I can't stand this team but got to take thm in this spot!
Sea +6 Pitts at home off a sick defeat by the Cards. It is going to be any better this week.
San Fran oh yeah baby you played these other picks you might as well throw all your cash out the window and play the niners too.
See you at the window!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:24 PM

I don't really mind it but I never did understand why people post their random picks in others picks threads (especially now that their is an NFL discussion thread).