Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 12:49 AM

Default NL50 JTo against tricky villian postflop.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $94.35
UTG+1: $54.40
CO: $15.30
Hero: $49.75
SB: $84.35
BB: $104.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($4, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($10, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $14</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $7 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $24

Villian seemed to alway cr on flops that it looked like A PFR would miss. I went for a delayed cbet here. On the turn, I guess we aren't repping much. I just hated villian's min bet. On the river, this is a good fold right? Do you guys like not cbetting flops that villian is prone to cr w air with? I'm sure I played this hand totally non-standard. Do you like this line or is it bad?
Old 08-29-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: NL50 JTo against tricky villian postflop.

Like the hand until the river raise...I can not(based on this hand only) see this villain folding a better hand nor calling with a worse hand...This hand has to much showdown value to turn into a bluff...
Old 08-29-2007, 01:12 AM

66, 77, 1010, flush and nothing else.

And if you don't like his min-raise on the flop, why do you like it on the river? By the river you've made basically the best hand you could have from what you have. KEW is right; he's not folding anything that you're beating, and he's not calling with A7 or whatever else. I think all you can do is call on the river, expecting to lose. However, you'll gain valuable info on his patterns. I do like the turn raise, but I think it screams flush draw. However, it'd take at least some stats for me to be more sure.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:12 AM

Call the river for value
Old 08-29-2007, 01:16 AM

One thing to consider is that if the flop was actually good for your hand, you'd welcome a flop checkraise. I don't know if Villain is thinking about things that deeply, but I think it's something to think about.

Nevertheless, Villain's turn bet does look weak, and at least the popularity of the auto-slowplay of flopped monsters does provide some credibility for your turn ambush raise.

I guess possibly I'm being results-oriented, but I think I like just calling on the river. If we eliminate the flop action entirely, Villain's turn min-bet does sort of look like a donkbet from a draw, and two of the turned draws got there.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:58 AM

Raise more on the turn.

Raising the river turns your hand into a bluff.