Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Default La Pucelle long game interest/discussion thread (NOT TAKING SIGNUPS)

Well, since the Disgaea werewolf game as cancelled, while we need our fill of cuteness, I've buckled down and fleshed out my La Pucelle game idea. Hopefully I will run this starting May 24 (the day before my birthday, interestingly enough). Durron will be the one to fill us in on the scheduling, though.

BE WARNED that if you haven't played the game, there are massive, major, tremendous, horrible spoilers in this thread.

SPOILER SPACE

I intend to tweak some specifics depending on the exact number of players I get. Adding generic evil demons, removing roleblock abilities, and removing Julienne's backup detective work are all options I see if I get slow signups. Removing the bonus night kills of pre-conversion Croix and Eclair is an option, too, since I only added those to sate the perceived wish for a fast and wild game.

Point system analyses of the roles given here are welcome. No other players will be given names that they can claim.

Note: To clarify rules situations, there are three phases to this game, not two. Day and Night are as usual, but Dusk falls between the two as the period between the final vote tally, and the announcement of the final lynch. Neither Day nor Night actions may be used at Dusk.

<font color="#4040e0">Good Power Roles</font>
<font color="#4040e0">The Church of the Holy Maiden</font>

Alouette
The Maiden of Light
Member of the Church of the Holy Maiden

Angel: She may choose one player each night to protect from a night kill using the power given to her by the goddess Poitreene.

Her role is revealed by the moderator in thread if she is lynched, but she cannot die by lynch or night kill.

She dies if Croix dies or his memories are recovered, though.

Father Salade
Founder of the Church of the Holy Maiden

Father: If Alouette is voted to be lynched, one time at dusk he may redirect the day lynch to a target of his choice. This power is no longer operative on must lynch days.

If Father Salade and Succubus use their power on the same day, the result is a coinflip between their choices.

He is told before the game starts which player is Alouette.

Olive

Detective: Starting night one, she may choose one player to investigate, and will be told that player's role.

Julienne

Backup detective: If Olive dies, Julienne takes over for her immediately and begins receiving one player's role a night. She does not receive information on who Olive investigated, though.

Julienne may submit a name every night, but only receives an answer if Olive dies.

Priere

Baton Twirler: She may choose one player each night to prevent that player's night actions from succeeding, if any. She loses this power when Alouette dies or is revealed to be the Maiden of Light.

Culotte

Good Friend: Every night, Culotte may submit the name of one player to the moderator. If the player he names is is Dark Eclair, then Dark Eclair is converted. This power cannot be blocked.

Croix
The Dark Prince
Wandering gunman

Repressed Dark Prince: He believes he is just resident of Paprica, however he is actually the Dark Prince sent by Calamity. The Maiden of Light repressed his memories, so for now he is not evil.

Before he is converted, he gets an optional vigilante night kill every night. After he is converted, he loses this power.

His memories are recovered, and he returns to his evil ways, if a female member of the Church of the Holy Maiden is lynched or killed by his own vigilante shots (that includes Alouette, Priere, Olive, and Julienne), or if he is killed at night by the Church of the Divine Mother or by Dark Eclair. Alouette's protection does not prevent conversion by night kill.

Once his memories are recovered, he becomes a full member of the evil side.

<font color="#e04040">Evil Power Roles</font>
<font color="#e04040">The Church of the Divine Mother</font>

Except for Dark Eclair and Noir, the entire evil team is given 24-hour chat. Dark Eclair never gets to chat with the other evils, and Noir may only chat with them at night (not at dusk).

Noir
Founder of the Church of the Divine Mother

Charismatic Evil Leader: He appears to Olive or Julienne as an ordinary resident of Paprica.

Baal
Demon Lord

Demon Lord: One time at dusk he may redirect the day lynch to a target of his choice. This power is no longer operative on must lynch days.

Dagon
Demon

Spying Demon: Starting night one, he may choose one player to investigate, and will be told that player's role.

Succubus
Demon

Meddling Demon: She may choose one player each night to prevent that player's night actions from succeeding, if any.

If Succubus and Father Salade use their power on the same day, the result is a coinflip between their choices.

Dark Eclair
The repressed dark side of good Princess Eclair

Evil Half: Princess Eclair tries so hard to be good and proper for her mother (the Queen) and all of Paprica, that her devious, 'evil' side has split off as an independent spirit, that goes off each night to cause trouble.

Eclair starts the game as an independent evil, who wins with the Church of the Divine Mother. However she is not told who they are, even though they are told who she is.

Before she is converted, she gets a non-optional night kill every other night (1, 3, 5...). After she is converted, she loses this power.

Eclair's dark side is merged back with her cheery side, however, if Culotte finds her. At that time she reverts to normal Eclair, and wins with the Church of the Holy Maiden.

So, does this look fun? Fair? About how many generic wolves and villagers make this fair?

thanks,

Notes:

1. Yes, I've omitted Homard and the crew of the Escargot. Ideally I could use two of them in place of Olive and Julienne, but that would throw off the Croix conversion mechanic's theme.

I can't just invent more claimable roles, either.

2. Yeah, the Croix/Alouette role interaction is strongly influenced by Roa/Ciel from Kumubou's game. I am trying to fill that kind of niche, after all.

3. I hope two bonus killers adds enough carnage for you guys.

4. 100 POG Bucks each to the first to give me a usable picture of Sister Olive or Julienne.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: La Pucelle long game interest/discussion thread (NOT TAKING SIGNUPS)

no time to read yet, but if its japanese anime stuff, its bound to have a lot of random death/destruction/etc, correct?

if so, in!
Old 04-29-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: La Pucelle long game interest/discussion thread (NOT TAKING SIGNUP

[ QUOTE ]
no time to read yet, but if its japanese anime stuff, its bound to have a lot of random death/destruction/etc, correct?

if so, in!

[/ QUOTE ]Three and a half deaths a night on average before the conversions start, heh.

Er, minus roleblocks and angel protection, so maybe 3 a night on average.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:57 PM

I know you are not taking signups yet but another game whose theme I have no clue about? Sign me up! LOL.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:04 PM

Random japanese themed games rule.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:08 PM

Correction: I mean 3 deaths on average per day/night, taking into account angel stuff, roleblocks, and bonus nightkills.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:09 PM

Sister Olive here. Send POG Bucks to FCBL!

Old 04-30-2007, 04:05 PM

Point estimates:

Good:
Alouette: 6 points
Salade: 3 points
Olive: 5 points
Julienne: 5 points
Priere: 5 points
Culotte: 3 points
Croix: 3 points (halved because of the conversion)

TOTAL: 30

EVIL:
Noir: 8 points
Baal: 8
Dagon: 8
Succubus: 8
Dark Eclair: 6

TOTAL: 38

So, if this is a 20 player game...

GOOD 7 powers for 30 + 8 generics for 6 = 38
EVIL: 5 powers for 38 = 38

Does that look good?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sister Olive here. Send POG Bucks to FCBL!

[/ QUOTE ]Funny, she didn't look that thin in the game, heh.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:03 PM

Neil,
zomg
who is the angel pictured in the first picture
she's divine

in other news, I think that the point system is off and I will give feedbacks on it once I get home