Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2006, 01:13 AM

Default When did we declare war on Pakistan?

Under what authority does the CIA order airstrikes on a Pakistani village without the approval of the Pakistani government?

Why the hell does the CIA need Predator UAVs armed with Hellfire missles in the first place.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:42 AM

Default Re: When did we declare war on Pakistan?

[ QUOTE ]
Under what authority does the CIA order airstrikes on a Pakistani village without the approval of the Pakistani government?

Why the hell does the CIA need Predator UAVs armed with Hellfire missles in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Strange things can happen in times of war. Don't expect it all to be transparent.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt Pakistan didn't sign off on this strike before it was executed despite what they say.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt Pakistan didn't sign off on this strike before it was executed despite what they say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I higly doubt that we are getting sign off from Pakistan on every operation we run in there. More likely we have some form of blanket agreement that allows us to operate and allows them to deny they knew of any particular strike.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:19 PM

Default Didn\'t you get the memo ?

We're supposed to attack the small stacks lest they grow up to be big stacks !

Old farts might recall that as soon as it became known that Dick Nixon started (illegally) bombing Cambodia, there was general outcry among voters, media and Congressmen. But the times they are a-changin'.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Didn\'t you get the memo ?

[ QUOTE ]
We're supposed to attack the small stacks lest they grow up to be big stacks !

Old farts might recall that as soon as it became known that Dick Nixon started (illegally) bombing Cambodia, there was general outcry among voters, media and Congressmen. But the times they are a-changin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

....the times thet are a changin?...Well Cy, yes & no, the best this old fart can remember.

I don't seee a legitimate comparison between those 2 events.

The indiscriminate carpet bombing and agent Orange attacks on a neutral Cambodia, and both the inital denial and then the attempted cover-up of this illegal act by the Nixon administration is one thing.

A one time, surgical strike to attempt to cripple the leadership of Al Qaeda is something entirely different, methinks.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I much prefer unilateral pinpoint strikes on known Al Qaeda leaders even if they are residing in an ally's territory than, say, invading an entire country on the pretext of their phantom armaments and pseudo-connections to said Al Qaeda leaders. Just as a comparison.

natedogg
Old 01-15-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I much prefer unilateral pinpoint strikes on known Al Qaeda leaders even if they are residing in an ally's territory than, say, invading an entire country on the pretext of their phantom armaments and pseudo-connections to said Al Qaeda leaders. Just as a comparison.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

.....cripes, Nate.

And all this time I thought you believed in the tooth fairy!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2006, 05:05 PM

Did you listen to Musharif's (sp?) response...I do beleive we have had his consent all along.

The CIA need's these weapons for exactly the reason they were used.

Also, a reminder we are at WAR.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, a reminder we are at WAR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I deem you insufficiently patriotic. ALL CAPS is clearly insufficient. We are at <u>WAR!!!!!!!!</u>