Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: BIOSHOCK DEMO on XBox Live right now

[ QUOTE ]
Well, just ordered it from ToysRUs, don't really want Madden and figure I can ebay it or sell it to one of you guys for 50 bucks or so if anyone's interested. Says Bioshock isn't shipping until the 21st, but for half price, I can wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i bought apf 2k8, but i think i'm going to put that on eBay and keep madden, just because i know i'll get bored of apf soon enough.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:55 PM

game is cool, think its overrated though
Old 08-16-2007, 05:35 PM

It's got five 100s and a 99 right now on metacritic...
Old 08-16-2007, 06:53 PM

This game is getting really sick reviews.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:59 PM

I've never played System Shock 2 but I guess if you like that you'll love this game. I believe that game was rediculously well liked by critics. I'm going to get this game but I'm not into Action RPGs.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:58 PM

Any of you manage to pick it up during the Toys R Us thing?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:06 PM

this game has been hyped up quite a bit over the last few months so i was pretty pumped to check out the demo on XBL.. after playing it, I must say I am much more interested in it now then I was before playing it. I thought the gameplay was a little blase, but the enviroments atmosphere and presentation add a real unique flavor. I actually found myself trying to read as many of the the signs and flyers and stuff laying around as I could.

The video presented at the end actually kind of turned me off a bit.. it seemed pretty repetitive in the way that they were killing off the enemies. Electrocuting (sp) people in water was cool the first couple of times.. but kinda gets lame quickly.

I get the feeling like this game tries to advertise all this original gameplay, but in the end it will come up a bit short. That being said apparently there is some fire plasmid that i missed the first time through, so I want to go back and see what can be done with that.

Not sure if this is my type of game or not, but I would definetly recommend people to check out the demo!
Old 08-16-2007, 09:46 PM

ughhhhhhhh, i was waiting for a check to clear and now madden isn't availible online, but the deal is still up. odds of getting the deal at my local TRU tuesday?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this game has been hyped up quite a bit over the last few months so i was pretty pumped to check out the demo on XBL.. after playing it, I must say I am much more interested in it now then I was before playing it. I thought the gameplay was a little blase, but the enviroments atmosphere and presentation add a real unique flavor. I actually found myself trying to read as many of the the signs and flyers and stuff laying around as I could.

The video presented at the end actually kind of turned me off a bit.. it seemed pretty repetitive in the way that they were killing off the enemies. Electrocuting (sp) people in water was cool the first couple of times.. but kinda gets lame quickly.

I get the feeling like this game tries to advertise all this original gameplay, but in the end it will come up a bit short. That being said apparently there is some fire plasmid that i missed the first time through, so I want to go back and see what can be done with that.

Not sure if this is my type of game or not, but I would definetly recommend people to check out the demo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you try some of the stuff like hacking systems? You can hack just about anything that's electrical. Most fun I had with it is hacking the turret in the bathroom where the alarm goes off. Then go out the door, get an enemies attention and run towards the turret. They follow you, they die. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I felt pretty much the same way you did before playing it. But after playing it, I'm really excited. I think the variety of plasmids/items/'tricks' should make for a really 'fulfilling' game. There's also some mechanics that were not present in the demo apparently, like collecting trash and then bringing it to 'u-invents' where you can combine the stuff to create new items, or even just spending that cash. I'm also hoping the real game is somewhat more open ended than the demo - at least in a way similar to Ninja Gaiden for the XBox/PS3.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:44 AM

The demo reminded me of Prey, but a little cooler.