Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-28-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Should I jam flop harder

Weak lead by villian one may be top pair or some weak draw. I suspect i played the flop incorrectly.
PokerStars (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)
Blinds are 300/600

Hero has 10.4k
Villian 1 has 61k
Villian 2 has 54k

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 300.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font> 600, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font> 2400 to 3000, Button folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets 6812 (All-In)</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot:

<font color="green">Hi Chucky - Somebody pushed the moderator notification button about this thread. But I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe it had to do with the URL, which I disabled. I've had bad things happen clicking on unknown URLs. So I just don't go there anymore, and I routinely disable them on this forum. - Buzz</font>
Old 11-28-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Should I jam flop harder

doesnt look bad. nh
theres not much else you can do here with these stack sizes
Old 11-28-2007, 02:22 AM

Hi Chucky - Since I messed with your post, I'll at least try to give you an answer.

Trouble is, you know more about how to play this game than I do.

But I am familiar with playing top two pairs in Omaha-8 situations where low does not come into consideration.

I think taking a stab at the pot after the flop is fine, but then you get two callers and basically miss on the turn. And it should be obvious to your opponents, both of whom have you out-stacked, that the turn was a miss for you.

Your two opponents who called could both be on good draws or have sets or both. And if so, they're going to call another bet by you. Meanwhile you only have four outs. (You can't count aces as outs because there's a fair chance one of these opponents is holding KQJT).

I admire your guts, but I'd make the more prudent play of checking behind your two opponents.

Just my humble opinion. Sorry about disabling your URL, but I'm pretty much going to routinely do that, especially when someone notifies me that I should look at a post.

Regards,

Buzz
Old 11-28-2007, 03:12 AM

The problem I ran into was that the hand converter I regularly use I couldnt access, so I was stuck using a very sub-par one. I am sorry if anything was wrong. On the flop the pot is 3600 before any betting. The turn push to me was elemental because the pot is 12600, I only have 6281 left and both villians have declared that they are on draws. I had not thought about checking behind on turn. I guess any half decent draw will call my turn shove.
My point in posting the hand was to try and find out if people think it is more appropriate to max raise flop and pray for a safe turn card (no 2,9,q,k,a) and maybe isolate or to smooth call and pound a blank turn.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:19 AM

looks fine, anything other than a turn shove would be pretty bad imo.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:24 AM

I absolutely think you should potraise this flop. Rest is okay though
Old 11-28-2007, 08:58 AM

I didn't realise quite how much more you could make it on the flop, you can make it 5400 straight which I agree is better.