Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you going to one of those tent prisons?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'll be in a stricly DUI yard in State Prison, I have been to the tents b4 though. The tents are worse than any prison could ever be

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate? Also, why do you need advice for prison if you've been through worse in the tents?

Sry you are going to prison 2.5 years is way too long unless someone got hurt.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you looked into what the penalties are for going on the run? since you are only sentenced to 2.5 years, they probably won't really even chase after you. Its very easy to steal someone else's identity or just buy/steal a passport and leave the country. I don't know what technology will be like in the future and how likely it is you can stay hidden, but 2.5 years is a long time imho.

if you go to jail just remember, "you only do two days. the day you go in and the day you get out" - avon barksdale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol looked ionto this option lebowski. It's def. possible but i really don't feel like looking ove my shoulder for the rest of my life. 2 years is a long time but AZ is a [censored] up state in terms of punishment(I didn't hurt anyone). Come to AZ on vacation and leave on probation.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:51 PM

Yeah you really seem like you've grown from this.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:52 PM

I wish you good luck is all I can say. When you are there, try to find a person you can trust once you get to know the crowd around you a little better, this can be very important. With 22 youīll still be a really young person, so I donīt think "you ruined your life" like someone else said.

Ideas for fighting boredom in prison:

- read books (And, in two years, bump the James Joyce thread with your insights)
- learn a language
- learn drawing
- learn Go (you would obviously need to take a cheap set with you, and need some luck to find someone to play with)
- Get a tattoo (or, better yet, donīt)
Old 11-24-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, did you hurt anyone? 2 years seems kind of excessive unless you hurt someone or had other priors or something. But I don't know anything.

Maybe you'd get a little more sympathy from OOT if you humanized yourself a little. What were the details of each dui? What did you learn? What did you think you learned with the previous DUIs but didn't? How did you wind up in the car that 3rd time and what was your big mistake that got you there? etc.

As someone who's had one DUI and has a tendency to get out of his head on rare occasions, that last piece of info. could come in handy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Answering this could take forever. But basiaclly each DUI went kinda like this. Get really drunk black out, and wake up in a holding cell. I honesly only remember the first DUI slightly and don't remember the otehr two at all. The last one I was not drunk at all. I had taken some prescribed meds. Mixture of percs and lorazepam(like xanax) and blacked out and wound up with my car crashed in someones front yard. I obv have major drug and alcohol issues and can say that getting help for that is the one major thing I have gotten out of all of this.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have you looked into what the penalties are for going on the run? since you are only sentenced to 2.5 years, they probably won't really even chase after you. Its very easy to steal someone else's identity or just buy/steal a passport and leave the country. I don't know what technology will be like in the future and how likely it is you can stay hidden, but 2.5 years is a long time imho.

if you go to jail just remember, "you only do two days. the day you go in and the day you get out" - avon barksdale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol looked ionto this option lebowski. It's def. possible but i really don't feel like looking ove my shoulder for the rest of my life. 2 years is a long time but AZ is a [censored] up state in terms of punishment(I didn't hurt anyone). Come to AZ on vacation and leave on probation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have to hide until the statute of limitations runs out. So you live in Brazil for like 12 years.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come to AZ on vacation and leave on probation.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol people from every state say this.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have to hide until the statute of limitations runs out. So you live in Brazil for like 12 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are very confused about what statute of limitations means.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Answering this could take forever. But basiaclly each DUI went kinda like this. Get really drunk black out, and wake up in a holding cell. I honesly only remember the first DUI slightly and don't remember the otehr two at all. The last one I was not drunk at all. I had taken some prescribed meds. Mixture of percs and lorazepam(like xanax) and blacked out and wound up with my car crashed in someones front yard. I obv have major drug and alcohol issues and can say that getting help for that is the one major thing I have gotten out of all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Well, assuming this isn't all a giant level (your tone elsewhere seems rather blithe and you don't have much of a posting history), maybe prison will give you the impetus to get your [censored] straight. This is pretty hard to defend.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:57 PM

My suggestion is to use the time wisely. Learn a foreign language, study something which may lead to a career when you're released, etc.

My cousin did 4 years for robbery. He was the biggest idiot I've ever met in my life (among other things, he broke into relatives' homes during holidays when he knew they were all over at Grandma's house or wherever).

Anyway he started studying biology and physiology and really got into it. Got out, got into nursing school, and after graduating got a very good job. Since then he's continued his education and works in a pediatric dept.

He says prison saved his life. He also said that it's easy to get caught up in the routine and mentally veg out and waste month after month.

Turn this into an opportunity. Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone can overcome them.

Good luck to you.