Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

[ QUOTE ]
xx,

that phone story is awesome.

Do you mind going into more detail about the facts of the case?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all, But would be easier in a Q&A, otherwise I will never get done writing,
Old 11-24-2007, 03:26 PM

[censored] like this makes me wish I was on the jury so I could nullify the hell out of it.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP,

from the very little I know about the court system or your situation, it sounds like:

- you should have gotten a better lawyer.

- a jury full of people having no idea about the business you were involved in should have easily worked out in your favor with half competent representation.

I agree the American justice system, particularly the huge politicization of the DA's office, is very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed if it was a murder charge or even a 1 0r 2 white collar charge, but the DA charged us with 18 counts, of repetative charges. So even if the jury thought" they dont seem guilty, we'll just convict them of 1 of the 17", we would still have to do 1-3. My point is that what the DA was doing with over charging was almost assuring a conviction on something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but what I was saying is that it seems to me a half-competent defense atty shouldn't have much trouble moving to have frivilous/redundant charges dealt with before they get anywhere near a jury.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:28 PM

Lost Rights
Old 11-24-2007, 03:31 PM

Were you ever attacked, beat-down, blackmailed, or scammed?
Old 11-24-2007, 03:34 PM

Fortunately my family had a connection with an important person who was able to locate me at a "good" jail. It was still a medium, but was only an 1hr 15min from nyc. Most newbies got the Canadian border.

The prison also was somewhat relaxed even thought there were a lot of lifers, rapeos, murders there. These guys however, did a lot of their bid already and were older,hence more docile. The drama is with the young kids.

First day there I meet Taheem who was doing 20to life for murder. He was now my new bunkie. A bunkbed in a 8x5 room with a door, no cell.

So I always had a difficult time sleeping, so when the lights go off, I hear his radio on. I know that there is no way I will be able to sleep with it on, but how can I tell him to turn it off. After 20 mins, at the risk of bodily injury In my kindest voice I ask, "Taheen, it is hard for me to fall asleep,,,you mind turning off the raio". Instaresponse from Taheen, "Taht's not going to happen". Ok, I think.

But he did make it lower, and gave me a small fan as a white noise machine which worked perfectly.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:39 PM

Knee,

You would think so, That is not only what I thought, but what I banked on, and maybe the jury would have comeback not guilty on all. The prob with a lot of the complex white collar charges is that they are not clearly defined. I was literal when I said our lawyers needed constant help in the beginning understanding everything.

As far as our lawyers, we interviewed EVERY top one in the city. EWvery one you hear about in the paper we spoke to. All said the same thing about the DA, "God himself could come down and tell him he is wron, and he still won't believe it". I do however, my lawyer could have been better, I mean how could I not, but it seemed most on this level were the same
Old 11-24-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you ever attacked, beat-down, blackmailed, or scammed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope never. The most important thing was respect and keeping out of peoples business. The most worried I was about getting into a situation was when a Blood member said to me," You can run, but you cant hide, I am going to get you" becuase he believed I narced on him smoking weed. That is another story I will get to.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:55 PM

All,

Let me say I do not want to come off that I was operating my branch in a "lily-white" manner. We were aggresive and def cut some corners, but at the very worst they were NASD vilations, certainly nothing criminal or nothing that every firm was doing, including the like of morgan stanley and goldman sachs.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:01 PM

I have a friend who works for a stock promoter. The business works as follows: Other companies pay my friend's company *in stock* to promote their stock to brokers (pump). Then my friend's company sells off it's shares of the company that it represents, driving stock-price into the dirt (dump).

So my friend has been working at this place for about a year and has never seen a single company that his firm represents actually increase stock value for more than a few days. So he is thinking of selling short every stock that goes through his company. Do you think he'd end up in your kind of situation if he did this and is it only a matter of time before the CEO of this stock promotion company ends up in jail?