Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Clueless as whether or not C/F or C/C is better....

It doesn't feel right just immediately check/folding.....the first hand I was going to check/fold, but after he checks.........do you just check again? I mean, he called a large (7x BB) raise preflop, so I figure he's got something....

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $2.48
BTN: $6.24
Hero (SB): $6.13
BB: $2.43
UTG: $4
MP: $12.69

UTG posts $0.05
Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG checks, MP calls $0.05, CO folds, BTN calls $0.05, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, BB calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.85) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($0.85) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, BB calls $0.60

River: ($2.05) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.48 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $4.05 Pot ($0.15 Rake)
BB mucked and WON $3.90 (+$1.95 NET)

This second hand is just a massive frowny face in my book......on all fronts....i get called in two spots and a pretty ugly flop comes, but I bet anyway, because I don't think I can check/fold here.....bet/folding is also an option but there is NO way to tell whether those low suited connectors made two pair, or just made a draw raising for leverage and trying to push me out......but after I'm called, i'm assuming the turn is just a check/dump? What if they only had top pair on the flop and i'm folding the favorite? There's just too much guessing in this game I believe for me............

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $9.46
Hero (UTG): $6.21
MP: $5.48
CO: $5.65
BTN: $2.40
SB: $2.30

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.20</font>, MP calls $0.20, CO folds, BTN calls $0.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.67) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, MP calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.17) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $0.10</font>, BTN calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds

Results: $2.47 Pot ($0.10 Rake)
Hero mucked T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and WON $2.37 (+$1.57 NET)
Old 11-06-2007, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Clueless as whether or not C/F or C/C is better....

Bet turn in hand 2, tonnes of value in there.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:56 PM

awesome.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:09 PM

hand 1 is gross imo. First off, I c-bet this always and shutdown if called. As play, betting the turn is ok but again, I shutdown if called. But the river is gross. You can't bet-fold here, ever. You are getting almost 10-1 on your call. You can't be serious? If you aren't going to call a shove, don't bet.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 PM

Hand 1: continuation bet. If he calls, it's not a bad time for a double barrel, lots of draws out there and turn is a brick. don't ever fold this river for 48 cents more. your pot odds are incredible.

Hand 2: please bet this turn for value. no need to get fancy.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 is gross imo. First off, I c-bet this always and shutdown if called. As play, betting the turn is ok but again, I shutdown if called. But the river is gross. You can't bet-fold here, ever. You are getting almost 10-1 on your call. You can't be serious? If you aren't going to call a shove, don't bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed you need to be thinking about what hands call you that you beat? The answer is not many, he shoves for like half of your original bet. If you cant call then dont bet.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:54 PM

Hand 1, seriously why the bet fold on the river? Sure you beat almost nothing but you are very committed after betting.

Hand 2, I would normally bet and then shut down if called, the C/R is good here but is more expensive if one of these donks has a weak K.