Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 05:58 AM

Default Re: NL50: b/f or c/c or c/f river?

Am I the only one who bets pot on this flop? I think he has toppair or some draw at least on this flop. And if he's a fish he will call anyway. I try to get more money in the pot early on.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well you haven't given us much of a read, but i'm not folding. shove or c/c are both fine imo depending on how aggressive you think he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

shove > c/c. not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know it would really help if you gave some reasoning occasionally. i would shove given the info in the OP because he's likely to call but check a lot of hands, but i could certainly imagine some villains against whom a c/c would be optimal (those who think you have a king if you shove and fold their worse hands while betting a wide range if you check).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, basically you shove because you dont want him to check behind two pair, and if you checked and he put you all in, you would call. So shoving actually gives him the chance to make the mistake, not checking which allows him to play perfectly.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well you haven't given us much of a read, but i'm not folding. shove or c/c are both fine imo depending on how aggressive you think he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

shove > c/c. not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know it would really help if you gave some reasoning occasionally. i would shove given the info in the OP because he's likely to call but check a lot of hands, but i could certainly imagine some villains against whom a c/c would be optimal (those who think you have a king if you shove and fold their worse hands while betting a wide range if you check).

[/ QUOTE ]

i think his calling range is much bigger then his betting range (ie he'll call 2pr, but not bet it for ex.), and you beat his calling range because he's a bad player. Don't think there's much more i can say really.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shove > c/c. not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, basically you shove because you dont want him to check behind two pair, and if you checked and he put you all in, you would call. So shoving actually gives him the chance to make the mistake, not checking which allows him to play perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh checking offers a -ve freeroll vs most players i agree. i shouldn't have made shove sound equivalent to cc in my post. against some players cc is much better than cf though.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 AM

CC makes no sense because no player is betting this river unless:

a) he has you beat
b) he is willing to call your bet anyways

Any hand that beats you will bet the river, but just about every hand your ahead of will check behind. This is true almost always, and if not, the guy would have called your bet anyways so it is effectively true. Betting is the only way to get value out of worse hands.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CC makes no sense because no player is betting this river unless:

a) he has you beat
b) he is willing to call your bet anyways

Any hand that beats you will bet the river, but just about every hand your ahead of will check behind. This is true almost always, and if not, the guy would have called your bet anyways so it is effectively true. Betting is the only way to get value out of worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree exactly. Check calling sucks cause he's pretty much only betting straights or higher sets.

However, if you push yea he's calling with straights and higher sets, but he is also likely calling with some 2 pairs and lower sets (2 pair being a more likely holding).
Old 11-12-2007, 08:38 AM

Checking is horrible and makes him check behind weak hands, bet Kx.

Thats fine, he has AJ/AQ/AX/Other 2pair here and you need to get value.

Unfortunatly we can't bet fold due to pot size - Unless you can bet $10 and fold to a shove but you'd have to be sure he won't bluff raise your bet or w/e.

$10 would make 2 pair happy to call, KX to shove. I think he wouldn't bluff you very often since you're commited almost - However it looks weak so you'd need to be sure he wouldnt.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So shoving actually gives him the chance to make the mistake, not checking which allows him to play perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is really all that needs to be said here. As far as the flop, if we pot 3 streets we get his stack, so why mess around with check raising?