Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-28-2007, 05:58 AM

Default Live MTT - Budapest Poker Open, Question (not an MTTr =/)

ok, so I was playing one of the side events, however it's here in Budapest and not many people play them, alot were in day 1a of the main event, it was 200 euro (~~$275 USD) buy in, with one rebuy, which everyone but like 2 people used so it was basically a $550 tourney. Now, there were only 19 people so maybe this is more appropriate for STT, but anyways:

I have 70k chips, just doubled up and now have 20% of all chips, there are 12/19 players remaining and a new player has just gotten moved to our table. Please comment on every street of this:

fairly passive table (the way they play out here), alot of pre-flop limps, alot of players 5-6x with solid hands, just not great players.

note (Only 3 players are paid in this tourney, 50/30/20)

Blinds 600/1200
(6 handed now)

Qh Kc in the BB

new player (who I later find out to be pretty solid, and currently is probably top 5 in chips, has about 70-80% of what I have) raised to 3600 from the cutoff, and it was folded to him.

Button and SB fold to me, I call 2400.

Flop:

3c 8c 9c

I check, villian bets ~3200, dont remember exact #, I call

turn: 4d

Villian bets 6100, I reraise to 14,500, he thinks for about a minute and a half, and goes all in

I fold

Please tell me how bad my size and or raise was on the turn, and also if I should have changed any part of this hand from the pre-flop call to not folding the turn. Thanks alot,

-PrimordialAA
Old 11-28-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Live MTT - Budapest Poker Open, Question (not an MTTr =/)

... please? lol... any kind of insight would be useful, as I would like to play MTTs more often and im not sure if this is a huge leak for me. Thanks again if anyone can give me some direction here
Old 11-28-2007, 03:18 PM

the turn c/r is pretty horrible, i think you can take any other line and it'd be better, but by the sounds of it you're the two chipleaders so i dont think you even need to be getting involved with a one card second nut flush draw

but check/raise flop, check/call flop and turn, check/call flop then bet turn, check/call flop then check/fold turn, even 3 betting preflop or if hes really solid then just folding, all better alternatives

name a real hand you can c/c, c/r with though? there really is none other than that flopped nut flush, and if hes good he'll know that.

if hes solid because he only plays quality hands, fold pre imo, if hes solid because hes good at poker, then c/c, lead about 7k i think
Old 11-28-2007, 05:29 PM

fold pre. reraise pre. fold flop. fold turn. butcherd hand imo.